Since this update, I am getting an incredibly number of upload and download “failed” entries in my log

Since this update, I am getting an incredibly number of upload and download “failed” entries in my log. Once in a while an upload or download will finish successfully. I haven’t changed anything at all in my setup. Has anyone else figured this out yet?

you are not the only one in the same boat

same problem on my node

What errors do you see, be more specific, may be part of logs will help to developers.

I posted above 1 day 5 hours that is a new event since ver. 0.24.5 never before has it happened over 10k failed downloads it’s not right

did you update windows? firewall? pc firewall is on?

@mitchellds
The most errors is:

2019-11-03T19:41:54.191743332Z 2019-11-03T19:41:54.191Z INFO    piecestore      upload failed   {"Piece ID": "CY4HBNAR7FZZ35T36EAF3HLU7AWIJC56R7EKBM5LOAPXQDIDX2QA", "SatelliteID": "118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW", "Action": "PUT", "error": "piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled", "errorVerbose": "piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).doUpload:288\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:162\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Upload_Handler:1070\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorStreamInterceptor:23\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processStreamingRPC:1127\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1178\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:696"}
2019-11-03T19:41:54.191809036Z 2019-11-03T19:41:54.191Z ERROR   server  gRPC stream error response      {"error": "piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled", "errorVerbose": "piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).doUpload:288\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:162\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Upload_Handler:1070\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorStreamInterceptor:23\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processStreamingRPC:1127\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1178\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:696"}

Is it true?

Yes. Those are the consistent gRPC errors I am getting along with 90% or so download and upload failures. No windows updates, no firewall changes, etc.

Looks like you have low speed or big delay, someone was faster than you, i also have them, but not so mutch, but i have 100/100Mbit network speed over phisical gigabit connection.

Not sure that the total amount of data received depends on the network speed. I have been doing some benchmark during last weeks, setting up +5 nodes with VPN and best nodes in terms of amount of data received were these with VPN server located in Germany, receiving 10-20% more data than my base nodes without VPN.
This fact surprised me and i will continue doing test next weeks.

Update 1: all my nodes located in Europe (VPN and non-VPN) received same amount of data, around 30GB per day. Egress seems to be dependant on more parameters (between 10-25GB/day)