Slow Bandwidth / Usage for Fast Server

I currently have a server with a 15 Gbit download internet connection and a 5 Gbit upload connection, along with 50 TB of allocated space. I’ve seen people have similar issues of their full bandwith not being used but I wonder if it’s meant to change at all, or if I just need to wait, and eventually the Storj satelites would realise my server has a lot more up its sleeves. I’ve been running for about a day or so and the server has only reached 23 GB downloaded (about 2 Mbps), when technically my server is capable of 162 TB being downloaded (which I know might be unrealistic) but I was wondering if there’s anything to make it higher at all. Doesn’t have to be as ridiculous as 162 TB but if there’s any way to push it a little higher then that’ll be great. Additionally, if I setup more nodes on the server, could that potentially increase it?

Unfortunalty you are not getting data because your server is fast - your getting data because the data is there to store. so the short answer is no.

3 Likes

For now your system is oversized for normal storj input. The data is real data so it depends on the customers how much they can upload. Lately the incoming traffic is around 1Tb per month.
Multiple nodes behind the same IP are seen as a single node. Usually 1 node for 1 disk. When the first is almost full go with the second and so on

Or

1 Like

As the others have mentioned, the data is split between all nodes on the network with only small variations depending on overall speed. The more nodes under a new subnet that get added, the less data available to all. Although, it also depends greatly on the customer activity.

1 Like