SNO Flight Manual

Western Digital’s new 16TB and 18TB Gold drives do not use SMR technology. The larger 20TB Ultrastar sibling does

Source:

3 Likes

true… but maybe the UPS was under warranty, or like he said the tech was owned by the company his mother works for, or it simply wasn’t built to be expanded…

he also points out that it was suppose to be a 1 day fix… maybe the power was still unstable who knows… also maybe he figured this would make great content for my channel…

by far not a professional setup… but many people could have many parts of this setup and not be aware… of just how close they would be to put their low wattage usage rpi storagenode on battery power for extended periods…

you can get inverters that are very very small to… i actually got a 50watt inverter somewhere lol not really useful for much… but sure could power a rpi and an 18tb hd… or two

i bet an inverter like that doesn’t cost much on ebay… and people may have batteries and chargers just sitting around… i know i do

GO EAMR!!!

looks like seagate got hammered, ofc HAMR might be revolutionary when it comes out… hdd’s jump directly to 40tb… xD … yeah didn’t think so…