So About That Live Goat Delivery

In the V3 official whitepaper, there is the following quote, “… STORJ token to be the primary
form of payment, in the future other alternate payment types could be implemented,
including Bitcoin, Ether, credit or debit card, ACH transfer, or even physical transfer of live goats.”

So…any updates on the goats?

8 Likes

Thanks for your interest in the project! As a nimble startup, one of our challenges is balancing competing priorities in the way that most accurately reflects a focused go-to-market strategy. Unfortunately at times this laser-focus means we may have less time for efforts toward G.E. (goat evaluation)

To stay up to date on all our Goat developments and other interesting news, I recommend following our blog, subscribing to the forum Announcements section (#category-announce,) or checking out the quarterly Town Hall.

9 Likes

I will definitely keep my eye out now, you guys had my curiosity, but now you have my attention!

5 Likes

I suggest holding a raffle annually and a lucky winner gets to receive his month’s earnings in goat countervalue, making sure the value is an integer, to avoid mailing drumsticks, steaks, etc.

3 Likes

NGL, you lost me there lol, wdym by counter value?

3 Likes

The natural numbers. The goat(s) must be alive.

4 Likes

lol it would certainly be a big PR hit to send a live goat to a SNO for payment :rofl: After that everyone will know about Tardigrade.

3 Likes

I feel very stupid right now. From reading this I assumed there was some kind of cryptocurrency referred to by “Live Goats”. A quick google search proved me wrong.

3 Likes

Countervalue means an equivalent value in another currency, so euro would have a countervalue of 1.18 in US dollars, or perhaps 40 microgoats.

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Kinda like Elon sending his car into space, a publicity stunt :rofl:
Might just be crazy enough to work!

2 Likes

Anything will work once it gets viral. And the crazier the better :smiley: (well unless you make some mistakes like offending someone/groups/minorities/etc. But can’t think of anyone who would be offended by storjlabs paying with a goat :smiley: Not sure how that would work for taxes though lol )

2 Likes

Make it a donation? Donations don’t pay taxes I think…

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh I meant goat not cow… my bad lol. Nobody mentioned a cow before xD

2 Likes

been lurking for a while and now i can no longer keep myself from interjecting. (20)

Holy Cow!!!

3 Likes

We goat to implement this, for the posterity!

3 Likes