Specify different temp folder path

I’m very new to running a node, but something which has become more of an issue is that my server has a rather slow write speed on the main Storj data folder. This wasn’t an issue when the incoming data rate was low, however as the incoming bandwidth increases, my upload success rate is dropping rapidly. I was wondering if it’s possible to move the temp folder to the SSD which runs the Windows OS? I know the db’s can be moved now, but haven’t seen anything about the temp folder.

1 Like

Have an option to specify location for temp files is a really good idea. Can we vote somewhere for such storj feature?

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but it is relevant even now, although a lot of time has passed.

Please tell me if it is possible to specify the path and move the Temp temporary folder?

No, sorry. Besides, the node assumes that it is possible to move a file from the temp directory to the storage directory, so you wouldn’t be able to place it on a different file system anyway.

If you want to make your uploads faster, you may go for an SSD-backed cache instead.

It’s a pity.
I wanted to connect the SSD but without additional software. And since I use Windows, only third-party caching software remains.
It is a pity that this function was not implemented, I would put everything on the SSD and everything would be written to the hard disk according to the queue in full pieces.

You can use SSD as cache on Windows too, but it requires to read MS documentation and use PowerShell commands, see

It actually can work on Windows 10 Pro too, you may Google working solutions.