Storage.allocated-disk-space not updating in config

Hello i am trying to edit the allocated space but my node is refusing to add space
chrome_7KynLkEFgD
notepad++_HIGzEh7yho
I have restarted the node

looks like you have 6.86 TB data already, so 3 tb won’t add space.
is this a docker /linux or a windows node?

Sorry I don’t understand… I see 3.34tb overused and it’s windows

You need to search for duplicates in the config.yaml for the storage.allocated-disk-space option. If it’s only presented once, then you need to explicitly save your changes, confirm saving as an administrator and click the menu File → Save again. By default the Notepad++ editor will not offer to save changes when you close it, so you need to do it yourself.

After the config is saved, you need to restart the node.
Please monitor your logs after the node is restarted - did it recognize the space or will use a less allocation: search for “less than requested”, i.e. using PowerShell:

sls "less than requested" "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" | select -last 5

Hello Alexey i copied your command into powershell i didnt get any output.
manually checking my log after the restart gives me this: 2024-02-23T21:52:25-08:00 WARN piecestore:monitor Used more space than allocated. Allocated space is {“bytes”: 3400000000000}
notepad++_UnBVJwRzat
edit: deleted older log
2024-02-16T08:17:01-08:00 WARN piecestore:monitor Disk space is less than requested. Allocated space is {“bytes”: 445090029568}
edit2: i made sure to file-save still seeing the weird disk space.

Looks like the node cannot recognize the space. Let it run to update the used space data: wait until the used-space-filewalker will finish scan for each satellite:

sls "used-space-filewalker" "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" | sls "finished" | select -last 10

You should see that it should have finished scan for all trusted satellites (4 by default).
After that restart the node - it should recognize the used space and allocate that much you specified instead of 445GB

i waited little over a week. i saw the four entries with a success message i restarted. Still node is overused. Whats going on?

C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log:10018:2024-02-24T00:16:55-08:00 INFO
lazyfilewalker.used-space-filewalker subprocess finished successfully {“satelliteID”:
“1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE”}
C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log:14806:2024-02-24T01:24:49-08:00 INFO
lazyfilewalker.used-space-filewalker subprocess finished successfully {“satelliteID”:
“121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”}
C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log:394124:2024-02-26T17:38:02-08:00 INFO
“12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S”}
C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log:412208:2024-02-26T21:47:59-08:00 INFO
“12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”}

Could you please show the dashboard and how much space is used on the disk?

It’s 1.98 version and above bug. We must wait for fix version.
Just tried 1.99.2, no change.

2 Likes

hey i translated your post. Looks like the same issue as i have. i changed my config from 3.4tb to 3.6T and i gained 200mb of “total disk space”.
As my node is nearly full im going to leave it alone as long as its still making money (until garbage collection clears it) or further debugging :slight_smile:

Ye, too bad that we can’t downgrade to older version.

i believe you can but high risk of nuking your node involved dont do it. (See my previous post) hang tight until further notice

2 Likes

Looks like the node still do not recognize the own used space, and due this change:

your dashboard shows the used space instead of allocated.

anything else i should do or should i wait?

Only make sure that your filewalkers finished correctly for all trusted satellites:

Make sure that you did remove the untrusted satellites:

And you do not have any errors, related to filewalkers or databases and you do not have any FATAL errors in your logs.