Storage node dashboard API (v0.19.0)

Are you using same browser in RPi as in Ubuntu? I am using Windows but my web dashboard only works well on Chrome, it won’t work in IE. Hence I think you should try using same browser.

Trying, not very easy as I don´t have any other browser on my LAN. Installing Chrome on PI is not an option now, due to memory limitations.

No. Using default pi browser on pi and Chrome on Ubuntu.
Let me try with another browser.

Chrome on a cell phone works as well

1 Like

Never thought of that :smiley: will try later when I arrive home. Thanks.

Can you replace the 127.0.0.1 IP with an actual LAN ip address so that you can look this up from any LAN PC ie:

replace
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 \

with example
-p 192.168.1.120:14002:14002 \

Just do
-p 14002:14002
Works in lan

That would expose it to external past LAN which I don’t want to do.

it is only exposed “past lan” if your router has no firewall and your devices public accessible IPs. Oterhwise there is no “past LAN”.

Well you can leave it at localhost and just use an SSH tunnel to forward that port to the machine from which you want to access the dashboard…

1 Like

See my previous post and question above.

Not sure what you mean. You got your answers.
-p 14002:14002 is exactly binding the port to the ip adress of the machine running from. (it’s so to speak the same as -p 192.168.1.120:14002:14002)

That makes more sense, thanks for explaining.

Getting an “Connection refused” when trying to access the new API/Web Dashboard

I’ve forwarded port 14002 but it seems not to do anything.
Tried -p 14002:14002
and -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
even tried the servers IP address but nothing works

here’s my docker file :

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“############################################”
-e EMAIL=“#####”
-e ADDRESS=“#############:28967
-e BANDWIDTH=“99TB”
-e STORAGE=“1.1TB”
-v “/home/storj/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode”:/app/identity
-v “/home/storj/temp/node”:/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

Did i miss anything? (apparently i did!!)

EDIT
So I’m a total idiot!! :smiley:
Noticed my docker file was still pulling the alpha builds!
changed to beta and pull the latest beta, port 14002 was then forwarded!

1 Like

I declared -p 14002: 14002
From another computer of mine on the IP of the computer with stroragenode, e.g. 192.168.43.112:14002

Unrelated to the issue of showing your dashboard but please note, you have used the -v option instead of --mount, as described in the documentation.
The difference is very dangerous for your case: if docker will not map the disk to the container for any reason, with the -v option it will create an empty disk inside the container. The customers’ data will be stored inside this container. When you then remove the container, the data will be removed with it.
In case of --mount it will just fail. Please, replace the -v options to the --mount options ASAP. The --mount option has a different syntax. Please, read about it in the section Running the Storage Node of our Documentation. Please fix this problem asap.

4 Likes

docker file updated :smiley:

I think it´s unrelated. I´m pulling beta version on my Pi and have the same issue; but not on my Ubuntu SNO, just on the Raspberry :frowning:

upToDate flag in API lies

As of storagenode release v0.35.x, the dashboard api is no longer accessible from the /api/dashboard endpoint. It has been moved to /api/sno.

3 Likes
1 Like