Storage Node Status Offline - Windows 10

Hi Guys, I need your help.

I had a power failure while away from home due to no credits on my meter. I have since got my light back but for more than two hours, my status is still offline.

I have restarted the node severally on PowerShell, checked the forwarding ports and status says open.

I have checked this config file and the port number is fixed

contact.external-address: 90.253.236.166:28967

I have also check the satellite audit with the results shows all one’s.
1 1 1

I have checked the database file too using
C:\Users\44788>sqlite3 D:\storjData\bandwidth.db “PRAGMA integrity_check;”
ok

I need help to restore my node

Thanks for your help in anticipation.

Regards

Hi @gozzynes, please check your log file.

I have checked the log file. What exaclty do Ilook for.

Log file result ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed

Copy the last 20 lines of the file, showing the ones with ERROR, so we can diagnose.

That’s the error.

Thanks

Says new user can post only two links. It’s not letting me submit it

You can click the edit button on an older post. The log file line should include more information.

2021-02-20T21:52:28.204Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE”, “attempts”: 7, “error”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12DNycWUF8i4AApAuHqCbYifCsVZDmCuMQeR3M42XATm2iikUAD) at address 86.166.102.245:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12DNycWUF8i4AApAuHqCbYifCsVZDmCuMQeR3M42XATm2iikUAD) at address 86.166.102.245:28967

This type of error means the node cannot access the internet, so normally either firewall or router issue, or an identity problem.

Ok. Let me recheck the network. I am connected with LAN and have setup the port forwarding. Be right back

Thanks Stob,

It was caused by no-ip changed my IP address.

I have to uninstall the node and reinstall it with the new IP. It’s back

Very many thanks

Hello @gozzynes,
Welcome to the forum!

You do not need to reinstall the node to change some parameter: How do I change values like wallet address or storage capacity? - Storj Docs
If your IP is dynamic, you likely will be forced to update it manually every time when your IP is changed. It’s better to use a DDNS hostname instead. And configure the updater on your router in the DDNS section instead of installing their update application (for no-ip.com it’s called DUC). You should use one of the updater - either on your router (preferably) or with the application (not recommended).