Storj and Corona virus

Hi There! Its funny someone here was just also asking about the covid-19 situation.

The amount of data created and stored isn’t going to slow down during this crisis. It is a good time to be in the data storage and distribution business. We have a clear financial and business model. We have an already awesome service, and we have large numbers of prospects and partners ready to use us.

We are mostly remote at this company and located in lots of different regions. Some regions (ahem, mine) are affected by lockdown and others are not. But as our work takes place mainly online and our product is intangible, we are more fortunate than some companies. At this time everyone is working from home, but we’re accustomed to it already.

How does covid-19 affect our daily routine at the company?

For quite some time, we have been devoted to polishing what we’ve built and focusing on making it solid. we also had a reorg. That means that we’ve got some pretty robust team structure. During the reorg, we

• specifically designed the workflow of the teams to eliminate silos, and make sure information flows freely between team
  • created groups specifically dedicated to “making sure things don’t fall over”
  • changed our approach to onc-call shifts and escalations, to put additional redundancy in place.

We talked about this a lot in the last Town Hall – So it is not a reaction to the virus, instead it’s the result of forward-planning – that is now paying off.

Most importantly, we’ve got a great team of people that works well together and that is behaving rationally

That being said: As you can imagine the coronavirus has been very disruptive to trade shows, conferences and meetups. I’m shifting the 2020 strategy to reflect this, and looking to do more online activities, and virtual events.

Ive also been talking to peers in the industry about potential ways Storj can help to be good citizens ot open source during this period. Many of the orgs will be hurting now as they frequently depend on those live events to survive. If you’re interested in also looking for ways to participate, please check out fossresponders.com

If you know of virtual events that are seeking speakers or demos that would make sense for Tardigrade, shoot me a line at jocelyn@storj.io Also, if you know of hackathons or virtual summits that would benefit from our participation, please let me know that too!

And finally, stay healthy and safe! Wash your hands, follow medical guidance, and keep a positive mindset!
Thanks & fistbumps,
Jocelyn

6 Likes