Storj node error 1067. Lazyfilewalker cache error

Hello! I reinstalled my old win10 with win server 2016, hoping that my node will not restart randomly and storj service will fail to start.
Now I got a strange issue: error 1067 and storj service is failing to start.
I reinstalled the app, changed as usual the zksynk option in config.yaml and all seem to work ok for 2 days. Now I got again the same problem.
I looked on previous posts and it seems that there are some error logs found below.
I use an external usb drive for this setup and it worked fine for 2 years without getting this error.

2024-03-28T22:15:37-07:00 INFO lazyfilewalker.used-space-filewalker starting subprocess {“satelliteID”:
“12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”}
2024-03-28T22:15:37-07:00 ERROR lazyfilewalker.used-space-filewalker failed to start subprocess {“satell
iteID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “error”: “context canceled”}
2024-03-28T22:15:37-07:00 ERROR pieces failed to lazywalk space used by satellite {“error”: “lazyfilewalke
r: context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “lazyfilewalker: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces/lazyfilewal
ker.(*process).run:71\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces/lazyfilewalker.(*Supervisor).WalkAndComputeSpaceUsedBySatelli
te:105\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).SpaceUsedTotalAndBySatellite:717\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piec
es.(*CacheService).Run:57\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:51\n\tstorj.io
/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”, “Satellite ID”: “12L
9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”}
2024-03-28T22:15:37-07:00 ERROR piecestore:cache error getting current used space: {“error”: “filew
alker: context canceled; filewalker: context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: "group:\n— filewalker: context canceled\n\tsto
rj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*FileWalker).WalkSatellitePieces:69\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*FileWalker).W
alkAndComputeSpaceUsedBySatellite:74\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).SpaceUsedTotalAndBySatellite:726\n\ts
torj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*CacheService).Run:57\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\tr
untime/pprof.Do:51\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.f
unc1:75\n— filewalker: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*FileWalker).WalkSatellitePieces:69\n\ts
torj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*FileWalker).WalkAndComputeSpaceUsedBySatellite:74\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piece
s.(*Store).SpaceUsedTotalAndBySatellite:726\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*CacheService).Run:57\n\tstorj.io/stor
j/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:51\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func

I think I found the issue: if I add the zksync line in config.yaml, the node gets 1067 error. When I remove it, the node works fine.
The string added is attached.
Capture

Hello @blanaru,
Welcome back!

This is mean a readable timeout - your disk is too slow to respond.
I guess you use a VM, so it’s kind of expected to have a slower respond because of virtualization on a foreign OS (you likely use Linux as a host, right?).

You need to speed up a disk.

1. Stop the node
  2. Check and fix issues with the disk
  3. Perform a defragmentation
  4. Enable an automatic defragmentation, if you disabled it (it’s enabled by default)
  5. Start the node

If you still see similar errors, then you may perform this adjustment too:

It should help a lot.

If you could still have this error, I would like to suggest either convert it to a docker node running directly on your host, or disable a lazy filewalker:

Perhaps you have a duplicate key. Search for the same option across the config.

Thank you Alexey for the fast reply!
I checked the config.yaml and there is no other lines like this one…
I am thinking that perhaps I have added the command wrong …

No, it looks correct. Maybe only add a new line after the option and save the config, then restart the node.

Ok, so I added a new line and save it. After node restart I still got that error.
Capture

Please try to stop the service and run it like this (PowerShell):

& "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" run --config-dir "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\\" --log.output=stderr

You should see, why is it not happy.

It says why is not happy:
Error: While parsing config: yaml: unmarshal errors:
line 342: mapping key “operator.wallet-features” already defined at line 134

now looking at line 134, here is what is written:

Capture

I checked another node to see whats on that line, and I found out that it is the same line…

Your node says that I saw operator.wallet-features on line 342, but I already saw it on line 134. I don’t know which of the two to use.

1 Like

It turns out, that the new version does not handle double entries in the yaml , so:

search the line to edit, do only add a new line if nothing is to find.

1 Like

you are totally right abd it makes sense. After few trial and error, I found the correct command that now is working perfect:
Capture

1 Like

If you are trying to opt in to zksync-era, you should specify the following instead. Also please note the quotes that need to be included:

operator.wallet-features: ['zksync-era']

See also ZkSync Payments - Storj Docs
Please note that zksync Lite will no longer be available soon, so makes more sense to opt in to zksync-era now.

Here is how you can check if you properly opted in the to your preferred payout option ZkSync Payments - Storj Docs

2 Likes

Even greater! Thank you for sharing this!
I have opted in to zksync era:

Capture

2 Likes

You are correct, the quotes are required, if you use square brackets.
It also works without square brackets, if there is only one value. However, if use several values (i.e. ["zksync-era", "zksync"]), then square brackets are required.