Storj on Twitter

Love it!
You are the perfect example of “come with solutions” :smiley:
I’ve forwarded this to Marketing

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I think a social wall like that displaying all social media feeds in one place ( but not limited to that as it seems to have tons of additional features) could add very interesting options to the Storj website.

But you know, I was just thinking, why limiting this to the Storj homepage? Maybe it could be implemented into the node dashboard, satellite dashboard and the link sharing page as well? or at least link to that social wall, to keep users of all kinds informed about the various social media activities around Storj?

Please let’s not do that. Those are tools built for specific purpose. If I want to be informed about what storj is doing I’ll go visit the storj.io and expect to find it the information there. (And ideally not in a social media wall, that likely will be blocked, but in an actual posts on the site itself. It’s so foreign a concept to me that social media is being treated at primary source of information and the homepage links to it. But I guess that’s the sad and twisted state of affairs today. I don’t envy marketing team…)

Otherwise it would be just another chore of configuring adblocker to cut social media from my dashboard.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I myself am not a big fan of social media. If you have followed the thread you have learned that I don’t have a Twitter account and I don’t have a LinkedIn account, so yes I totally understand your point.
However I have learned that for some reason social media is huge for a lot of people.
So I’d say it is a matter of how something gets implemented. It could be as basic as a simple link to a social wall vs. a fully embedded website.
But from a start-ups point of view I would like to get my updates out to my customers, my suppliers and other users who might have never heard of the company like users of the linkshare page who could find this interesting. I do see that others could get annoyed.

1 Like

Here is an image to give you an idea why I thought of the linkshare page:

I think if there was some short text message showing up in that place I would not get annoyed by it. Images or even videos might would be different.

2 Likes

Clearly. I DO not like any social entertainments, but this suggestion makes it as little annoying as possible…
perhaps I getting too old…
Sorry all!

It could be also just a static link to something like the proposed social wall.
I really think there are ways to keep the level of annoyance really low.
What might be special about the linkshare page is that it might be the first contact point for users who never heard of Storj before. They get the link for a file somewhere or from someone and they end on that linkshare page to get the file. If you can spark interest about Storj on that page maybe you can convert them into new users.

1 Like