Storj V3 Node Raspberry Pi 3 got connection refused on port 22

On Linux systems you can skip the copy and just run it on the databases while the node is running. Copying the entire folder is never a good idea as that would copy all the data as well.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack your thread. I was having this exact issue and worked my way through setting up everything on an older RP 2 with no issues (except not being able to run a node.) So i have a RP 4 2gb and it’s running ubuntu server with an attached 750gb usb drive. Everything works fine, node is online. I had been eliminating steps as issues and one of the last was setting up port forwarding:

sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 28967 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 28967 -j ACCEPT

sudo ufw allow 28967 comment ‘Storj Network’

So the internal web page was staying “Offline” and I knew is was because I didn’t have the firewall rules added yet. My router was updated. As soon as I added the rules above, I rebooted and the internal web page went online fine. Except i couldn’t ssh into the RP 4 anymore. Wha?
Since I am running in headless mode right now with no keyboard, I tried to add a blank ssh text file to the boot sd card and previous attempts and it never worked. Is there an issue with firewall rules and ssh? I can ping the RP fine and if I connect a monitor to the RP, I see its at the ubuntu login screen which it should be. I guess i need to snag a keyboard and try to restart the ssh server.
Is it possible that I need to add a rule to allow access to port 22 for ssh?
Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Nb

Yes you need to setup ssh to accept if you enabled a firewall you have to.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the update. Something like:
sudo ufw allow ssh?
Nb

Yes or sudo ufw allow 22 Both are pretty much the same unless you changed the default port.