Story Node no longer starts after storage space expansion

Hello everyone,

I have been running a story node on a Synology 1520+ with 14.8TB storage space for 2 years. This has now slowly become too small or I wanted to expand the volume to 24TB. Everything fits in terms of hardware. The corresponding volume has sufficient capacity.
I then made the change in Docker. Since then, the Docker starts up briefly and stops again (after 15s).

The log spits out the following errors:

2024-03-10 18:07:38,415 INFO exited: storagenode (exit status 1; not expected)

2024-03-10 18:07:40,419 INFO spawned: ‘storagenode’ with pid 37

2024-03-10 18:07:40,421 INFO spawned: ‘storagenode-updater’ with pid 38

2024-03-10T18:07:40Z INFO Invalid configuration file value for key {“Process”: “storagenode-updater”, “Key”: “log.encoding”}

2024-03-10T18:07:40Z INFO Anonymized tracing enabled {“Process”: “storagenode-updater”}

2024-03-10T18:07:40Z FATAL Error loading identity. {“Process”: “storagenode-updater”, “error”: “file or directory not found: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: “file or directory not found: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:326\n\tmain.cmdRun:108\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:393\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:411\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/
process.ExecWithCustomOptions:112\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:77\n\tmain.main:20\n\truntime.main:267”}

Error: invalid argument “Wert” for “–log.level” flag: unrecognized level: “Wert”

The identity file is stored unchanged and undamaged in the same location.

The value LOG_LEVEL was previously without a value, when overwriting the 14.8TB to 24TB Docker wanted a value here. Currently Storj does not start up with the old storage value.

Thanks for the support.

Kay

These are the settings in the Docker on the Synology.

Post the portion of the log containing first startup failure, as text, not the picture of completely non-actionable three log lines that tell you it gave up due to too many previously failed attempts.

Put logs between sets of ``` so people can read them.

1 Like

Try:

STORAGE 14800GB

Thank you, it did not bring any change.
The following message appeared:

Error: invalid argument “Wert” for “–log.level” flag: unrecognized level: “Wert”

I have the value “info” here - which one should go in here?

Hello @hikay,
Welcome to the forum!

it throws two errors actually, the first one:

you need to check your path mappings, does the host path for the container path /app/identity exist on your Synology?

The second one:

makes me think, that you used wrong symbols somewhere, like using curly quotes “ and ” instead of correct straight quotes ".

ideally you shouldn’t specify this variable at all, but yes, it’s info by default.

Perhaps it’s better to run a container from the terminal, than using GUI wrappers, to have more control above what they actually pass to docker.

Hi Alexey,

thanks for your support. I went directly through the terminal instead of Synology’s interface. This had fixed my Log_Level issue right when loading the boot parameters.

After that, the challenge was to recognize why there is no access to identity and config.yaml. The files were in the correct directory, access rights given.

A few days ago I had added an expansion unit to my NAS and assigned new hard disk space to the volume. Although the access rights were present, they had to be reset. After that, everything worked again and the node booted up. Thanks to everyone for the help.

2 Likes