-su: /usr/local/bin/identity: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error Ubuntu

Hi . i having this error and i saw there extract issue post on forum got solved but it dosent help me

-su: /usr/local/bin/identity: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Linux s161300 4.4.0-72-generic #93-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 31 14:07:41 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Please help me !!!

Which identity binary did you download? It looks like it should be the identity_linux_amd64.zip file for your x64 system.

I use this one

curl -L https://github.com/storj/storj/releases/latest/download/identity_linux_amd64.zip -o identity_linux_amd64.zip
unzip -o identity_linux_amd64.zip
chmod +x identity
sudo mv identity /usr/local/bin/identity

when i use sudo here is output

sudo identity create storagenode
/usr/local/bin/identity: 1: /usr/local/bin/identity: Syntax error: ";" unexpected

I find it disturbing that you are renting linux servers and running nodes when you have no clue, are unwilling to learn and expect everyone else to fix your problems for you.
:smile:

You need to check the output of the commands as you run them and see what the problems are. Use “ls -l”, “file identity”, “unzip -t identity_linux_amd64.zip” to diagnose your problems if you can …

P.S. your PM about iptables, I could see nothing wrong there. It was the same as usual for docker.

1 Like

Hahah look this is why i contact forum to get help mate … now new server with ubantu … previews issue already fixed and work fine :slight_smile: now i trying to install new node on my ubantu server but its doent work

root@s161300:~# identity create storagenode
-su: /usr/local/bin/identity: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

this is new error

Code you run
file identity
or
file /usr/local/bin/identity

and show the result please?

1 Like
root@s161300:~# file /usr/local/bin/identity
/usr/local/bin/identity: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

There it says you have downloaded the ARM 64 executable.

So you need to delete it.

rm /usr/local/bin/identity

2 Likes

Ohh Yehh , i installed ARM 64 mode then tired … however i update OS and run basic scrtip now its start working !! but i dont know which code make it work , so all fine now . thank you very much Andrew !! really appreciate your help

…and it’s “Ubuntu”, not “ubantu”

1 Like