Suspended on three Nodes with 100% Suspension Score

Hi

I have a node running with 1,5TB currently locked. Node ID 121JesGRVZHBTAKwcV6jZZbGqFSh4jDt6xD6V9SU6U4t7GABvpZ. So as I see it nothing is missed or should cause this issue. Any reason as to why I have been disqualified?

Looks like you need to update. Which version are you running?

2 Likes

Ughhhh! I think the cause is that my HDD just broke down. It should be auto updating shouldnt it?

1 Like

it’s just suspended, not disqualified. get the problems fixed and the nodes online and they will be fine.
auto-update only with watchtower on docker, or with windows it has something else but that may be broken at times? tell us more about your setup.

2 Likes

I do not know what you mean by that, but if your data is lost, this may be the end of your Node. But as long as your audit score is fine (which it is, for the moment), it suggests your disk is fine.

But @striker43 is right, your version really is out of date, you should update: the dashboard now has a new metric “online”.

2 Likes

I am running v1.16.1 - what is the newest version?

Now only suspended on two nodes
12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB .
(funny its the two last ones) so the three others are now fine

Got an old PC I set a 8TB hdd in to test it out. Been running the Windows version without any issues for a while now.

1.16.1 is ok. So just keep the nodes online 24/7 and they should get unsuspended (unless you have some errors in your log, worth checking)

Perfect - hehe yeah should check em - only issue I got is that the log is 2gb of size and crashes Chrome when I try open it. (its too large for Notepad)

notepad++ should work. otherwise parsing in the command line to only see ERRORs but I don’t know how to do that on windows.

Too big for Notepad++ as well :frowning:
Edit; I don’t know how to parse only part of the log in Windows

That shouldn’t be a problem for Notepad ++. Have you copied the log? If you open it directly from the Storj HDD that is running, it quickly happens that it does not open because the HDD is currently under a high load. Try to copy the log to another data carrier and then open it.

1 Like

Unless you really have not enough RAM to load it all in memory, in which case it could make your OS swap like crazy and make it crawl miserably :wink:

Maybe what we do on Linux with grep can be done on Windows by following instructions like the ones in:

I say, worth a try ^^

1 Like

If I recall correctly, Notepad++ cannot handle files greater than 2GB. I think I have had success with Editpad Lite in the past to open >2GB files. But ideally the log file should not get this large.

1 Like

Set it up so the Storj installation is on HDD1(+ logs) and all Storj data is saved on HDD2. Thew load only seems to be pumping on HDD2. At the moment Storj is using 3.2 GB ram out of 16GB.

However, all of them seem to be waking up now. All five points now no longer suspended. Gonna try the findstring windows solution to see if my logs are ok.

Thanks for the help

That is quite a lot. I have no idea how much it takes on windows typically but that is a lot. Might be worth checking if your HDD is performing well. Do you have an SMR HDD?

1 Like

@Pac

Unless you really have not enough RAM…

That makes sense yeah.

@baker Good to know. I wasn’t even aware of that. I really assumed that in my early days I also had relatively large logs, I can remember 1.8GB. I then copied that to my NVME, it didn’t take too long.

@nils:

That’s what I thought too when reading this! All my Storj nodes (6 nodes in total) take a total of 400MB on my Linux host, operating system included!

The high memory usage suggest that you either have problems with HDD (it’s incredibly slow, like if it’s connected via network) or you have a database corruption.
It’s worth to check both - the disk (with a chkdsk CLI or from the GUI) and the databases: