Sustained 200mbps ingress

I am seeing huge influx of data - around 200mbps for last 2 hours. Anyone else seeing it? (mostly from europe north satellite).

Not seeing it here - kind of light ingress on two nodes

I’m seeing a small spike, maybe an extra 50% of what the average has been. Nowhere near 200mbps, closer to a 1600Kbps (200KBps) increase.

I wonder if this is some kind of DDOS or a test targeted on only subset of SNOs… would be good to hear from storjlabs if there is some special stress-testing going on satellite 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB

Not on my node.

I am now kind of concerned why EU North Satellite is hammering my nodes (10+ nodes on 1 ip). This is last four hours in my system:

seems like 99% of traffic are storj nodes.

On one hand I am envious of your traffic. On the other hand, If I got that much traffic right now I would have to get new drives really fast.

If no one else is seeing same traffic, then I fear whoever is causing this, will not really compensate me for it. If it was real traffic, everyone else should be seeing it.

Is your used space increasing?

Yes. added on average 15GB on some drives.

u should see around 1-1.5GB per minute

That is interesting, some client decided to upload a lot of files to your node? As I understand it, for the node to accept a file from the client, it has to be somehow authorized by the satellite.

@JoshGarza I have 12 drives and I only looked at 4 drives and reported the average number. so 12drives * 15GB / 4 hours / 60 minutes = 0.75GB per minutes so kind of close to your number

@Pentium100 I thought all files are always split over 80 nodes and each node has unique /24 ip subnet. I only have 1ip and no ipv6. Could there be a bug on satellite?

over 10 minutes I got 7919 upload started messages and 5960 uploaded messages. Around 75% success rate so I assume there are other nodes that should be receiving those pieces…

wooow, i didnt know the details of your setup! excuse me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We enable the node selection cache. Let me find out if that had an impact on our ongoing upload tests.

I did see you mentioning of that feature yesterday, but I thought only salt lake was supposed to enable it… this seems like EU North satellite.

That is correct. We had a point release today and I thought it is a good time to enable that feature on europe north. That might explain it. I have to ask the developer team if they have some numbers for me to double check that theory. It would be nice to see that in hard numbers :smiley:

Don’t worry! The Satellites on tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites are paid for by Storj Labs directly, and we take paying our SNOs very seriously!

As @littleskunk said, 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB is our relatively new (closed-to-signups) europe-north-1 Satellite, where we are trying out some new performance approaches. We’ve been alternating load tests between this one and saltlake.tardigrade.io.

3 Likes

It started at May 14th, 17:11 UTC if that helps

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind getting some of that load on my node xD Curious to see my system perform at that load.