Tardigrade speed, bugs and bug bounty program

i’m sure this will be addressed better during the week, i think it’s a mix of overcaution and a them bunnies are running already…

no doubt there will be a huge rush of bug reports early on, and that in itself might be daunting if all one’s employees are busy with important tasks already… and then if one does press that bunny button, then one can also be damn sure that critical bugs will be delivered in short order at first…

which then also would have to be fixed… and on top of that, if the reward part isn’t somewhat correct, then it might also get hugely expensive…

so yeah i understand why one wouldn’t really want to lite that rocket…
is it a good reason, maybe… nobody can tell which bugs will be found, some of them might be critical for the long term survival of the network, and if nothing else a thousand people or 500 going through the codes, might also end up giving a lot of tips and tricks on performance improvements…

ofc much of what will be written will be useless… but that’s how it is… one of the costs of doing business, the problem is sorting it… but i suppose that’s much like the bunny program, those involved with the bunny project might get paid if able to make improvements…

lol not that it might be wise to steal the storj programmers jobs, but its open source, maybe it can be open programmed online using the magic of the crowdmind.

by having some regular trusted bunnies go through most of the none critical suggestions and maybe rate and comment them, and then be paid for producing good useful code… maybe with the carrot being that top bunny could be a new hire…

i cannot imagine a better way of finding highly skilled workforce, and when hired they would also have a deep understanding of the project coding, so little to no training required…

@anon68609175
ofc it’s weekend and such… so don’t expect a straight answer out of the crew on the weekend watch, tho they maybe as skilled and have the authority of storj for dealing with critical arising issues…
then i really doubt they have any real way of answering top tier management related questions right now…

storj is sleeping :smiley: even if the light are on… :smiley:

Storj: Thanks SGC for yet another good idea…
SGC: You’re welcome…

Hi @jocelyn

I reported two issues via this form, please review it.

1 Like

Woohoo! I am very glad to see such messages! Good luck :crossed_fingers:t2:
I saw your previous reports on github :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @odmin I did see a notification that there is an update to the bug reports; Im in a call right now, but will take a look when im off the line thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you @jocelyn!
In addition, I will send a mail with an extended report because I found the same issue on multiple products. (I am not sent it via form, because it will be unreadable)

1 Like

This is a friendly reminder :slight_smile:
Two months is gone, but no reaction for sent reports…

1 Like

I see our old problem again, just a silence… and no feedback, It really demotivates anyone who would like to help and spend time for any contribution for Storj Labs.
I very well described this problem here
I think Storj Labs is losing touch with their community…

So, this “bug bounty program” is not working, well let’s forget about this program and leave bugs and vulnerabilities as is.

2 Likes

Hello! The program does not work. I do not advise you to waste your time.

1 Like

It would make sense to join a specialized platform like HackerOne to handle these types of reports anyway. They have clearly defined workflows dedicated to that, and everything setup for payments and so forth…

Just my 2cts.

2 Likes