Tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service

I am also getting similar errors on my new node. I can’t see any issue with my config.

node1         | 2023-12-15T03:06:14Z    ERROR   contact:service ping satellite failed   {"process": "storagenode", "Satellite ID": "121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6", "attempts": 12, "error": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:209\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}
node1         | 2023-12-15T03:06:17Z    ERROR   contact:service ping satellite failed   {"process": "storagenode", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "attempts": 12, "error": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:209\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}
node1         | 2023-12-15T03:06:19Z    ERROR   contact:service ping satellite failed   {"process": "storagenode", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "attempts": 12, "error": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp: lookup tcp/28967>: Unrecognized service\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:209\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}

Your problem is completely different

this suggests the configuration issue - seems you specified the contact address with < and > symbols, this is a mistake.
Please open the config.yaml file with a plain/code text editor such Notepad++ and correct the value in the contact.external-address: option to contain your public DDNS hostname/IP with the port, without <> (they are placeholders), i.e.:

contact.external-address: my-domain.tld:28967

save the config and restart the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated PowerShell:

Restart-Service storagenode

If you use not a Windows GUI, but docker, it’s an -e ADDRESS option in your docker run command, you also need to remove any remained placeholders in all other options as well.

1 Like

That was it. I had a > at the end of the ADDRESS in the docker-compose file. Its working now.

1 Like