[Tech Preview] Email alerts with Grafana and Prometheus

I improved my grafana dashboard. See screenshot below:

1. Some stats around customer downloads over the last 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days inclusive an estimation over 30 days for easy comparision. In my screenshot you can see that the last 24 hours had less download traffic than “normal”.

2. Same for Repair + Audit traffic. Audit traffic is so low that I just called it repair traffic.

Note: I am counting only succcessful downloads. Canceled downloads are still paid. So at the end of the month, my numbers will be lower than my actual payout. That is something to worry about later if needed. It might require some code changes on the storage node side.

1. Used space growth rate. In my head I calculated how much my storage node should grow based on the upload traffic but I don’t have numbers around customer deletes and garbage collection. Luckily the storage node is reporting the final used space and grafana can calculate how much used space I have now compared to 24 hours ago, 7 days ago and 30 days ago. Again with an estimation to compare these numbers. My growing rate across all storage nodes is currently 200 GB per month.

2. Some overall stats. 8 TB total used space. 26 TB free space. With the current grow rate it will take me 10 years to fill my hard drives. This was the main idea for the current improvement. I could now go ahead and test out some alternative settings and see how that impacts my grow rate.

JSON file updated: Grafana Dashboard for Storagenodes · GitHub

4 Likes