[Tech Preview] Linux Storage Node & Updater

Thanks @fmoledina I just spotted your post in the other thread and think I’m gonna give it a go and hope for the best! I may be back with questions :joy:

So my Linux node hasn’t updated to the latest version.
Having had a look at my logs, I get the following error:

Feb 19 18:11:27 Juno storagenode-updater[31170]: 2021-02-19T18:11:27.258Z ERROR Error updating service. {“Service”: “storagenode”, “error”: “archive should contain only one file”, “er
rorVerbose”: “archive should contain only one file\n\tmain.unpackBinary:94\n\tmain.downloadBinary:61\n\tmain.update:44\n\tmain.loopFunc:26\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tmain.cmdRun:126\n\ts
torj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/s
pf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.main:11\n\truntime.main:204”}

Any thoughts on what is wrong and what I can do to fix it?

I really need to start opening my eyes… :roll_eyes:

So presumably this is not something I can fix, I just have to wait until it’s fixed server side?

You need to download the archive manually from the releases page on Github and install it just like you would have done the very first time. It won’t update automatically as it won’t be able to get past the multiple files error shown.

Meh… :man_shrugging:
I’ll wait for the next version to be out. It’ll be no problem being one or two releases behind… :slight_smile:

Well being 2 releases behind would be a problem as you would stop receiving data.
And being 3 releases behind would get you disqualified.
So, keep a sharp eye on versions, still ^^

See:

Ah, thanks. In my mind it was OK up to 2 and stop receiving data at 3.
It’s very irritating that the Linux updater isn’t working, especially when the fix is so bloody trivial!

@littleskunk Can you please remove the rogue _MacOSX folder and put it somewhere else so the Linux updater can work again?

2 Likes

@stefanbenten Could you please help us with the “rogue _MacOSX folder” ?

2 Likes

I hope that the v1.24.4 release fixes this. It is currently being rolled out.

3 Likes

It seems to have worked.
Danke, @stefanbenten :wink:

3 Likes