[Tech Preview] Storage Node Multinode Dashboard

Please update your golang version. That should fix it.

2 Likes

Yes, that did fix it. Go releases were faster than I thought, thanks

1 Like

hi Is there a possibility of dashboard actually breaking something on nodes or it’s just a display tool?

It is just a display tool

Are you going to publish your Docker image? :grin:

3 Likes

Done!

Initial setup

docker run --rm -it -v storj_dashboard:/root/.local/share/storj -e SETUP=true derkades/storj-dashboard

Running normally:

docker run -p 15002:15002 -v storj_dashboard:/root/.local/share/storj -d --restart=always derkades/storj-dashboard

or if you are cool and use docker-compose

version: '3.2'

services:
  dashboard:
    image: derkades/storj-dashboard
    ports: ['15002:15002']
    volumes:
      - type: volume
        source: storj_dashboard
        target: /root/.local/share/storj
    restart: always

Getting an API key from a node:

docker exec -it storagenode /app/storagenode issue-apikey --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity
docker-compose exec storagenode /app/storagenode issue-apikey --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity

As noted in the OP, the dashboard is in very early stages. Start with very low expectations.

6 Likes

Definitely awesome! I’ll check it out! Thanks.

Looks very nice! :slight_smile: thanks for the images!

this is very neat! Got all my Linux nodes in there…
question - is there a way to add a windows node (generating the API key on win node?)

Yes, the command is the same, i.e. (in cmd)

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" issue-apikey --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\\" --identity-dir "D:\storagenode\identity"

Or PowerShell

&"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" issue-apikey --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\\" --identity-dir "D:\storagenode\identity"
1 Like

excellent, thanks! now we just need the updates :slight_smile:

A Docker Image for arm woud be great too :slight_smile:
Anybody?

I’ll make mine multiarch

1 Like

Sounds great :slight_smile: Im waiting and say Thank you.

Apparently it was too heavy for docker buildx qemu-arm emulation (even on a ryzen 7 1700X!), so I couldn’t do multiarch images. However, I did compile it on a raspberry pi and pushed it seperately to a :arm tag. Enjoy!
Note: it is only available for 32 bit arm, not 64 bit arm. Compiling for 64 bit arm crashed with random segfaults for some reason.

2 Likes

The Docker Imgage for Raspberry works nice :slight_smile:
But it seems that im not able to add a Node.
If i select “New Node” and add “Node 1” “myDNS URL” “API Key” an klick “Add” there is no Node in the Dashboard.
And if i click on “Payouts” or something else there is just a white scrren. But this is maybe because there are no Nodes added.

Edit:
My mistake was that i not include the “Node ID” from the Output. See that was my false. But it didnt work whit this change too.

Installed with the docker image on my Debian server. Seems to work nicely! Already added one of my nodes, will test adding the rest later.

Small annoyance:
When adding a new node to the multinode dashboard - if I paste anything to the Public IP Address field all the previous text is erased. First I copied my public IP there and then when I copied the port number from another place it erased the IP. Had to write the port number manually.

2 Likes

Will there ever be an Update of your Docker ARM Image @Derkades ?
Because its not possible to ADD nodes at the Dashboard.

I can update it when there is an update to the multinode dashboard but I am not aware of any progress. Keep in mind you need to use the storj port not the web ui port. Most of the multinode dashboard does not work yet.

1 Like

@littleskunk looks like the docs in the OP need to be updated?

Error: unknown command "create-schema" for "multinode"