Test Data on the Storj Network and Surge Payouts for Storage Node Operators

That satellite has about 2TB on my node IIRC, so, not a lot.

That statement comes from their testing pattern, and is not relevant for production, it can be less than 1% in prod, that will entirely depend on the use-case of their clients.

In my case is was not even 10%, it was 5%. So my statement (made over a month ago) was valid, 95% of my storage is almost free to the network.

For now the best way to run a de-centralized cloud storage would be on a centralised cloud storage, AWZ or a VPS.

In what way is it better to pay more for something like that?

im not paying more and can’t even write that comment as I need to write 20 chars

I’m sorry… what…?

4 Likes

Anyone else notice that test data is no longer comming in and now deletes are? Man i want more of that test data to come in

1 Like

Yes. I see deletes from all satellites but mostly the testing one.

Saltlake started deleting a lot of files.

I have noticed too that the ingress and egress amount has drastically dropped and the free space is starting to go up again.
Is the testdata complete and will start to cycle now as mentioned in the original post?

After re-adjusting my free space setting in order to get more headroom, I’m now up from -6% free space to -4%. Yay. At this rate I’ll be ready to receive vetting data from my closest satellite (North Europe) before the end of the month. :slight_smile:

Update. That went faster than expected, I now have data from North Europe.

1 Like

Considering my node just filled up, I’m happy that the deletes have started. I have a couple hundred GB free now.

1 Like

I think the idea is great too, yes I have invested money in HW and do not regret it! I only installed 4x 4TB a few days ago!

Can you describe how you bought it? I would like that too :slight_smile:

Well, sicomputers.nl accepts bitcoin, so I traded my tokens for bitcoin and bought it with that. That’s really only helpful if you live in the Netherlands though.

1 Like

And then there is Bitrefill, where you can get gift cards for retailers like Amazon with your crypto.

1 Like

I don’t see an exchange there for a STORJ token :frowning:

Me neither, but they take ETH.