Test zkSync with TestSTORJ token

I don’t know any of the supported wallets, but since I have a trezor, I have to use metamask (I think none of the others supports Trezor)

I suppose, since these are the ones supported by zksync on their website.

Thinking about it for a second. I think zksync provides the L2 wallet, but it needs some web3 (L1) wallet to sign the transactions (which are the listed ones).

The principle is like OAuth. One party keeps the data, but a third party provides the identity. Like here in the forum, it has login with github for example. So the forum asks github is this user tylkomat that wants to login just now. If I’m not logged in at the same time with github, I’ll get redirected to the log in page. When I provide my correct credentials github can tell the forum, yes this is the correct guy. So I’ll be allow in the forum to post as tylkomat.

The same principal is with zksync. Like with your forum posts are handled by the forum software, zksync handles the transactions on L2. These are bound to your L1 wallet address (your identity, like your name in the forum). Your L1 wallet acts as the third party to perform the authentication.

So when you connect your L1 wallet to zksync, your L1 wallet asks you, zysync wants to read your public key (wallet address?), do you want to allow that? → yes → sign here with your credentials (password to access encrypted private key) → transaction is signed by L1 wallet and send to zksync-> zksync sees that everything is fine, since the third party said so and performs your L2 transaction.

This kind of flow seems to be only supported by a small number of wallets. Mainly (maybe only?) web3 (browser) wallets.

This is what I get from trying to access my wallet from rinkeby

which wallet did you choose?

rinkeby is a test network for playing with crypto. So yes, you to have to switch your wallet network which currently is connected to mainnet (the real blockchain where trading and everything happens).

If you just want to test, you probably can create a new wallet address, since you probably don’t want to keep it.

I chose Metamask wallet!

You need to switch your wallet to Rinkeby network before connecting to Rinkeby zkSync