The maximum number of sessions has been reached. Maximum sessions allowed: 50000

I have a bunch (:sweat_smile: ) of nodes on ubuntu 22 server. I’m using a router with a limit to 50000 max NAT session.
Can I limit from storj side or need to upgrade router? I tried to change keepalive (sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time=300 from 1200) … still testing

I’d fix things on the router side. Often connection limits are tunable even on low-spec home units (as people have been hitting limits since the early BitTorrent Days. And if you have something like Pfsense/OPNsense the sky’s the limit!

1 Like

I just noticed my little Raspberry Pi node was becoming unresponsive and experiencing high cpu and memory usage. After getting it restarted and checking the logs it looked like it was getting hammered by tons of uploads from an IP that ends in 40.82. I viewed the node log file with tail -f (live log view) and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the upload entries flying across my screen so fast. I don’t think my node was keeping up and was choking. I wonder if this same customer is affecting you also.
For now I have enabled the following setting in my node config file:
storage2.max-concurrent-requests: 50

The uploads continue to rush in and unfortunately a percentage of them are now being rejected but at least my node isn’t crashing.

That sounds like a great problem to have! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

switched to a microtik router… everything is ok now :slight_smile:

1 Like