The "Regular" status is gone

Hi @jocelyn
I would like to ask you, why my “regular” status is gone? (it also has gone from my profile)
Could you please explain the reason for me?

I believe this badge is given to very active users, but it can be removed from users that do not stay active enough. I lost it once too, and regained it after I became active again.

2 Likes

More details here:

They do specify that “All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member”.

So… it’s just the way Discourse works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @Pac!
“I just will stay in darkness until the power calls me” :grinning:

2 Likes

lol the requirements for being a regular are pretty insane, sure if it’s a small forum…

must have read up to 20k posts in 100 days and must have viewed 500 topics lol

the trust level thing is kinda interesting tho…

1 Like

I’ve been here for too long now, and not only have I read but have written many posts with useful information, but I don’t want to waste my time on useless actions to get a badge. Тo any “level of trust” can’t be compared to the time spent in achieving these conditions. If my previous actions were not enough, then I better not spend more time on it.

1 Like

WHAT…!!! GET BACK TO WORKING AS A FORUM MODERATOR FOR FREE!!!
RIGHT NOW YOU HEAR ME!!!

lol, it’s a pretty smart approach for discord i’m sure, lots of people will work to keep it which basically makes them money…

3 Likes

ofc the down side would be that it would most likely be sycophants, which would then be in control…
hmmm does that mean discord is destined to fail… just like democrazy

These requirements can be configured on a per-forum basis, apparently: “Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings”.

So these values might be different here.

2 Likes

I had it I just never enabled it I don’t want people to know im regular…They can just look at my profile to see how old my profile is…

Hi ! The levels are automated. I think that when I launched the forum I may have just left those settings on default

3 Likes

I dont remember off the top of my head, but I think that is what I did

Btw we do not run on discord, we run on Discourse, and since it is a free software I’m not sure they derive a financial benefit by having forum members be in any particular Level

2 Likes

Please don’t worry, @Pac already point me in the right direction, I understand that is just automatic on the forum engine.

1 Like

I would like an ‘irregular’ status please.

5 Likes

Some time ago I have the same situation, so… maybe "SNO devil :smiling_imp: " is a good option for me :laughing:

But seriously, I absolutely do not care what my “badge” is, only what I do is important.

4 Likes