The system cannot find the file specified

When I start the service (Windows 10), the log says it cannot access the E: drive.

It is an iSCSI mount that is available from the Window 10 GUI.

Any ideas what is going on.
Chris

2021-05-06T16:51:42.895-0600 INFO Public server started on [::]:28967
2021-05-06T16:51:42.895-0600 INFO Private server started on 127.0.0.1:7778
2021-05-06T16:51:42.896-0600 INFO trust Scheduling next refresh {“after”: “7h40m42.600265712s”}
2021-05-06T16:51:42.897-0600 ERROR services unexpected shutdown of a runner {“name”: “piecestore:monitor”, “error”: “piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: open E:\Storj\storage-dir-verification: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: "piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: open E:\Storj\storage-dir-verification: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.

Hello @cthomasgf and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m really not used to running Storj on Windows so others might know better, but could it be a permission issue?

The file “storage-dir-verification” should be there as it’s created during setup.

Can you see this file (E:\Storj\storage-dir-verification) exists? Or as @Pac said it could be permissions.

The file “storage-dir-verification” doesn’t exist.

I thought about permissions as well so I created an account to running the service and set the permissions on the Storj folder for that account.

The initial setup process creates the file “storage-dir-verification” on first start. The GUI install should run it automatically.

The first time the service starts the file below get created

But no “storage-dir-verification”

If this is a brand new installation. I’d recommend starting again from scratch.

Seems you created folders before install. You need to uninstall storagenode, remove "C:\Program Files\Storj" folder and install the storagenode back.

Hi

I uninstall storagenode, deleted c:\Program Files\Storj, deleted the contents of e:\Storj.

Restart Windows
Reinstalled storagenode
Still not working

I noticed the outdated version message.

So I download 1.29.3, did a clean install.

Showing offline, but running

Up and running now

Generated new auth codes and keys.

1 Like