Topic of strategic importance

i would run a separate node in each location… or the best of the locations… in theory customers can be all over the world and thus the closes nodes will have the advantage for those particular customers…

maybe a bigger more powerful node in what seems to be the best location, else i doubt it really matters its generally a latency to the customer and bandwidth thing.

ofc you will run into a maintenance issue at one point where you might wish you had everything in one place, thus you might want to select a couple of great spots… fiber uplinks near some big datacenter or other such internet nexus.

and then set it up with a good measure of redundancy, like say raid 6 with a hotspare or raidz3 with a hot or a couple of cold spares you can spin up remotely if need be…
depending on how big of a pool you are making…
sure you may get a bit more data from using all locations… but i’m on 400mbit and i barely ever use more than 40-70mbit, and its mostly just uploads thus far… ofc having stuff in one spot could reduce the maintenance issue ever further and allow you to slack a bit more on redundancy.

but if you do a remote site op, you will need the ability to atleast replace disk’s when they break down to keep the storagenode intact.

the best setup… well you would most likely get more out of having nodes in many places… but i doubt its worth the effort… it could take a long time before you even see any profit… more nodes draw more power…