Trash folder still has empty folders left

Shouldn’t empty folders be deleted with the pieces ? It’s been more than 7 days and folders are still there. Properties of parent folder shows 0 files and xxxx folders

they delet within 7 days after signal, as signal going in different time to different data, it cleand also in different time.

What signal? There’s no any signal. Just a usual timer. Pieces should be deleted after 7 days unless restored from the trash.

Who is moving the data into the trash folder and starts the timer? When does that happen?

I think @nerdatwork was pointing out that the files do get deleted, but the folders do not. I saw the same thing. Not really an issue. I would say.

When it become 50k-100k folders, may start to be an isue

I’m talking about when this already happened - data is moved to the trash and lean there for the next 7 days. There is no additional “signal” to delete it, isn’t it?

by signal i meant command from Satelite to move data to trashfolder

Ok then. I’m misunderstood you, my bad.
Yes, to move data to trash your node should receive a signed message from the satellite to remove the already deleted pieces

1 Like

My trash is in the exact same 0 files just folders today, just fyi.

Folders likely will remain until the new version would be released

That would be nice opportunity to remove the leftovers in the trash of the decommissioned satellites as well.

You shouldn’t have anything except perhaps empty folders from them.

Empty or not I’ll have to remove them by hand.
It should be done automatically when a satellite gets removed. It seems that this was forgotten when the command to forget satellites was invented.

The upcoming reorganization of the trash would be an opportunity to correct this for the satellites that have been removed.

1 Like

Are we talking about the days directories in the new 1.100 version or the satellite folders themselves? Because I just did check couple of nodes and the ones I did remove the decommed satellites with the CLI command only have 4 folders both in blobs and the trash directories.

1 Like