Trash not existing

One of my nodes is showing like 2 TB of trash but this trash does not exist. There are only empty folders in the trash folder. Restarts and waiting some days did not help. Any Idea how to solve this problem?

Change config option storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: false to true and restart the node. Then you can change it back.
It might take hours or even days to scan everything, depending on how fast the drive/filesystem is and how big the node is.
Once all will be scanned, the metrics should update and ~match what is actually on the drive.

1 Like

This option doesn’t exist in my config.yaml. Maybe because the node is very old?

I will add it now and seee what happens…

Yes, it might have been added in more recent versions. I think however if it is missing it is enabled by default.
You should be able to tell by the disk utilisation. If startup scan is enabled then the drive will be quite utilised after the node restart and until it will complete the scan.

1 Like

You need to check your logs for errors, related to a filewalkers (search for walk|retain|trash and failed|error|ERROR, also for FATAL errors).
If you have any - you likely need to figure out, why your disk is so slow.
As a last resort you may disable a lazy mode: