Trouble transferring funds

I have an old MyEtherWallet paper wallet. I have the address, password and private key stored in a location. I have tried to follow the instructions on utilizing the paper wallet for transferring all 851 of my storj from this wallet to cash it out. I tried three times last night and all three times this has failed. Looking at the etherscan I see that it is stating: "Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [out of gas] ". My question is what value should be put in for the gas? Is there a way to calculate this before trying again so that it processes?

It usually takes about 51,000 gas limit to send a STORJ transaction
You need to have sufficient ether in the same wallet address to be able to send any transaction

1 Like

Ok. I believe that the gas was set at 21000 and the account has .00419 ETH in the account right now. What is a recommended gas limit to put in for the transaction?

Should I continue to attempt the offline MEW wallet or try to import this into another wallet to send? I would in the end like to completely empty this old wallet out of all eth and storj.

Can´t give you advise on what wallet to use, you should be able to import in whatever wallet you prefer with the private keys.

In any case, as I mentioned before, I would set gas limit to 51,000 to be on the safe side and use whatever gas fee is currently recommended in 55 Gwei | Ethereum Gas Tracker | Etherscan for fast confirmation at the time you send the TX. Note that you can estimate how much this will cost in gas by entering the 51000 figure in the custom gas limit field on the gas tracker. then convert that dollar amount to how much that would be in ethereum based on current eth price to see if your current balance is enough to pay the fee or if you should wait for the gas price to go down enough so you have enough eth to send.

1 Like

I tried again with a higher gas limit. However when I tried to transfer now I get:

Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [invalid jump destination ]

Not sure where to go from here.

This is usually mean that you wallet is failed to contact the Ethereum node to execute a transaction.
I would recommend to refresh the page and try again, make sure that you have enough ETH, provided a high gas limit and actual gas price (depending on a desired speed and preferences).