Trouble with big HDDs over 2TB at Raspbian

Hi

i want to start a node but i have trouble with a 6 TB hdd to formate it correctly with raspbian. i try many things but it want work need a good working tutorial

tryed this How to Add a New Disk Larger Than 2TB to An Existing Linux

but it looks not working alsow what should i do when i add a hdd raid or something ?

found this Linux Creating a Partition Size Larger Than 2TB tut now i got this

sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb
Disk /dev/sdb: 5.5 TiB, 6001175125504 bytes, 11721045167 sectors
Disk model: Expansion Desk
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: AB481DA7-ABAC-4B37-B867-C545AE77E857

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
/dev/sdb1 2048 10742188031 10742185984 5T Linux filesystem

Hello @tothemoon ,
Welcome to the forum!

Since you already have a sdb1, I would recommend to format it to ext4 and use it in the fstab
We recommend to do not use RAID (or LVM) if you plan to use this system only for Storj, it’s not required and unlikely would have a ROI. See RAID vs No RAID choice

If you do decide to use LVM, please, do not use the stripe ability of this disk manager - with one disk failure the whole node will be lost. The better approach is to use one disk per node.

1 Like

so i have to use a new node when i want to add extra Space? oO

at the moment i got in trouble with port forwording i made a domain at duckdns but it want forword right :frowning:

Yes. If you want to add another HDD, the best way is to setup another node using different ports and generate a new unique identity, signed with a new authorization token, as described in the guide.

Any DDNS service will not help to forward ports, it can help only with dynamic public IP.
If your public IP from there: Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router doesn’t match the WAN IP on your router - the port forwarding will not work and DDNS will not help.
In such case you have few options:

my provider dosnt use staitc ips so i have to set up a ddns i use duckdns set up for auto update but it redirect to my qnap nas station in my local lan but when i try from outside i got a forbidden page looks like the page from the qnap i think this is a port forwording problem

also i am in trouble with the size of my hdd i have formated to a pation so i got sdb1 and this is 5tb from a 6 tb hdd i see that sdb itself use 500mb i dont know why… the rest is becorse of shit hdd
so now i able to have 5tb but i have folder /mnt/storj/storagenode/identity with the 6 files so i only can use 4.8tb. at the docer run command i have specified -e STORAGE=“4.8TB” \ is it right?

This suggest that you have two routers in your network, is it?
If so, you need to make a port forwarding rule on the internet facing router to forward TCP+UDP 28967 to the IP of the second router, on the second router make a port forwarding rule to forward TCP+UDP 28967 port to the PC with storagenode.
The DDNS updater should be configured on your internet-facing router and removed from any other places to update the address only from the one place.

The static or dynamic doesn’t really matter, most important that WAN address on internet facing router should match the IP on yougetsignal. This guarantees that port forwarding can work.

If you have only 4.8TiB free (this is 5.2TB in SI), then we recommend to specify 10% less, i.e. 4.7TB or 4.3TiB, not the full capacity on case of bugs or unexpected grow of databases.