TrueNAS install

Hello. For year i used storagenode under docker in synology(xpenology). My system crashed and i had to install truenas. I have problem with time sync -2H and i cannot access dashboard :confused:
Any help?

did you remember to change the ip on the storagenode dashboard.
when doing stuff like docker run commands, you put in the ip twice.
once for the storage node and once for the web dashboard, the dashboard port is usually like 14002

the time sync is most likely because you think that the storagenode log is local time, which it isnā€™t ā€¦ the storagenode log time is GMT or UTC and thus will always deviate by a certain amount of hours depending on your local time and location.

with docker option --network=ā€œhostā€ i can access dashboard.
But this :confused:

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {ā€œSatellite IDā€: ā€œ121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6ā€, ā€œattemptsā€: 9, ā€œerrorā€: ā€œping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12GgvLSny7xMianCWX5WMbq4DqoDrau3ckHiqNf18Xx6hD3jKML) at address 213.175.54.3:6070: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA certā€, ā€œerrorVerboseā€: ā€œping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12GgvLSny7xMianCWX5WMbq4DqoDrau3ckHiqNf18Xx6hD3jKML) at address 213.175.54.3:6070: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57ā€}

did you sign your identity correctly?
not sure if thatā€™s what it says but its all that comes to mind.

@Alexey what do you think?

It should be mentioned TrueNAS Scale is out now too - which is Debian based and may be somewhat easier for those with more interest in Linux systems than FreeBSD based.
caveat I have yet to try it myself. Iā€™m certainly looking forward to the better hardware support.
10 gig network cards in particular are set to become much easier.

With my identity a get nubers 1 and 2 :confused: First time i had 3 and 2. Need i new token and new identity?

Hello @Kowy54 ,
Welcome to the forum!

You need a new token. I think you messed up paths to the identity. The checker checks default paths. If you moved identity, you need to change path in the checker too.

The same is true when you sign the identity - if you did not specify a new path with --config-dir and --identity-dir (they will be the same for the identity), it will authorize identity in the default path.
To see a default path you can run the identity binary with --help option.
The name of the service = name of the folder in that path.
I.e. for Linux ~/.local/storj/identity and service with name storagenode for example, the identity will be created as a folder in that path, i.e. ~/.local/storj/identity/storagenode.
In this folder you would have four files by default. After authorize you would have 6.

1 Like

2021-10-01 22_23_31-192.168.1.94 - PuTTY
I cant start container with new identity. This is log after revert to old identity

You should not replace the identity on a working node. The identity is the node. If you replace it - it will be completely different node and it will not recognize a previous data, and finally this data would be slowly removed, and the old identity become disqualified.

The error points to the fact that identity still not signed.
Please, show your docker run command (you can remove personal information from it) between two new lines with three backticks (```), like this:

```
docker run -d ... \
storjlabs/storagenode:latest
```

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-e SETUP=ā€œfalseā€
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 14002:14002/udp
-e STORAGE=ā€œ3.18TBā€
-e TZ=ā€œEurope/Pragueā€
ā€“mount type=bind,source="/mnt/STORJ/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
ā€“mount type=bind,source="/mnt/STORJ",destination=/app/config
-v /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
ā€“network=ā€œhostā€
ā€“name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Please, remove:

These remove as well:

because of

These ports are assigned directly to your host without standard NAT. So, make sure there is only one node.

Please, show

ls -l /mnt/STORJ/identity/storagenode
grep -c BEGIN /mnt/STORJ/identity/storagenode/ca.cert
grep -c BEGIN /mnt/STORJ/identity/storagenode/identity.cert

2021-10-02 10_36_32-192.168.1.94 - PuTTY

Now you need to request a new authorization token and sign this identity:

sudo identity --config-dir /mnt/STORJ/identity --identity-dir /mnt/STORJ/identity authorize storagenode kowy54@mail.net:1323kpjoerjerjpoerkrfop3ipoferkp..

IĀ“m online <3 So next time just i need to check confirmation and sign my identity?

There should not be a next time for the same node :slight_smile:
But for the new node - sure.