Truenas Scale Install

Hey everyone,

I would like to run a node on my Truenas Scale system so I have installed the app and set up port forwarding accordingly.

Right now I am having access to the Node Dashboard.
But there is an issue :

Here the error from the Log:

ERROR
contact:service ping satellite failed {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 9, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1x6eKynTXpgti2AVgm3JDEN1NyhuxEhoXqAr9VmgPCL2prUWJT) at address (Domain):28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1x6eKynTXpgti2AVgm3JDEN1NyhuxEhoXqAr9VmgPCL2prUWJT) at address (Domain):28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Would be great to get some guidence on how to fix that!

Thank you!
Janek

Your identity is not signed. You need to sign it.

If you installed the storagenode using charts, then you should be asked for Authorization token and you need to provide it.

Hey Alexey,

I have put in the Wallet address, Auth token ( without email attached in front ), email, my domain
I was using charts yes.

Did solve it :blush:

( I deleted the old files that where created and started fresh again )

1 Like

the email address is an integral part of the authorization token, you should not remove it.

1 Like

I have Scale setup as well and was able to install the Node App without much difficulty. Interestingly when I first had it installed it was throwing some certificate errors, but it was also on a 172 subnet due to it being hosted in a Hyper-V host. I got that switched around to a 192 with the rest of my network and by simply forwarding the node port to the host machine IP, the node was working fine.

Couple things I noticed. Updates have to be done manually through the interface, at least for the time being. It also seems to need to be started manually after a reboot/reset. Both things perhaps will be fixed or improved in subsequent updates possibly.

3 Likes

I am running into problems again.

Any idea what the cause could be?

It appears you have a block on the router for a certain region, only one satellite is affected by disqualification. Maybe you have a firewall set up

The only firewall rools that could block this would be on truenas

I would recommend checking the logs. You can go into the Linux shell and do a docker ps to see the list of images. Look for the one with storj in the name such as k8s_storj_storj… Note the Container ID and then do…

docker logs container_id --tail 50

and see what it says.

I’m currently running Scale with a Storj node and am not seeing the same issues, so hopefully the logs can tell us something.

3 Likes

The logs did tell me more :slight_smile: Thanks!

One of my harddrives was not working ( powersupply seems to be broken luckily had a fitting replacement here )

Will the Storj node reconnect to the “saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777” again or am I suspended from that satalite for ever?

2 Likes

Suspension will correct itself over time, it will go back up in numbers. If you are disqualified (It will say you are disqualified and not suspended) then that is forever.

1 Like