Trust Cache - Satellite Authoritative False

I been noticing a Warning in the Console Log from a satellite.
console:service unable to get Satellite URL

So I checked my trusted cache and there is a satellite marked as untrusted. I don’t know if this satellite is suppose to be marked as untrusted or is?

I have a very good up time, so there should be no reason that my node should be ignoring any satellites.

“SatelliteURL”: {
“id”: “12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo”,
“host”: “us2.storj.io”,
“port”: 7777
},
“authoritative”: false

EDIT: Side note, I been noticing a ton of disk activity from the temp folder, is there a way I can specify the location of this folder to another drive? Think of getting an SSD just for that to act as a cache.

Thank you for heads-up!
Notified the team

Hey SpyShadow -

Just to confirm, have you configured your trusted cache at all? Or are you running all default settings? Could you paste the warning/error you’re getting in the logs in full?

One additional clarification: “authoritative”: false is absolutely fine here. That’s not a problem. That’s just saying that tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites returned a satellite on another domain name. Once we move the trusted satellite list to storj.io (in the next few weeks), authoritative will be true again, but that shouldn’t cause any problems for now. Whether or not the listing is authoritative, it is still trusted, by virtue of being in your trusted list.

On your side note, no, we explicitly use the atomic rename functionality provided by having the temp folder on the same filesystem as the rest of your storage, so I’m afraid putting temp on another drive will break things.

Also the update went without a problem but we will see in a few months if it remains that way.

I have not configured a trusted cache, running default settings. Error at bottom of my post.

Disk activity is Always 100%, what’s the temp folder for exactly? Just checking if this is normal.

2021-04-11T06:51:48.438-0700 WARN console:service unable to get Satellite URL {“Satellite ID”: “118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW”, “error”: “storage node dashboard service error: trust: satellite “118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW” is untrusted”, “errorVerbose”: “storage node dashboard service error: trust: satellite “118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW” is untrusted\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).getInfo:228\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).GetNodeURL:167\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/console.(*Service).GetDashboardData:169\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/console/consoleapi.(*StorageNode).StorageNode:45\n\tnet/http.HandlerFunc.ServeHTTP:2042\n\tgithub.com/gorilla/mux.(*Router).ServeHTTP:210\n\tnet/http.serverHandler.ServeHTTP:2843\n\tnet/http.(*conn).serve:1925”}

EDIT: So I shut it down to run a speed test, it pulls 124 MB/s for Read & 116 MB/s for Write. So the 8 MB/s is nothing for it, I think the utilization is reporting that incorrect or it’s really sensitive.
Also the files inside the temp folder are still there even after a shutdown.

It’s (3x) 1 TB HDDs pooled together as a single volume using Storage Pool Option under Server Manager in Windows Server 2016. It’s not affecting performance at this time so I probably ignore it, I will keep an eye on it when I expand the storage as needed.

Could some partial files been left over from shutting down the node and restarting it?
Probably should reboot the server, it’s been months sense a reboot.

Problem with that test is it test with some big files, not with lot of small files. Also when making test it test read and after write, not at same time like real life happens. When you copy data to other disk, than all this 4k files will be copied with 2-5 MB/s and if you copy 10 gig file it will copy 100 MB/s so this is real life. So i think nothing wrong with that.