Trust failed error

I’m seeing the following errors after trying to restart my node:

2020-08-01T16:00:54.596868980Z 2020-08-01T16:00:54.590Z WARN trust Failed to fetch URLs from source; used cache {“source”: “https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites”, “error”: “HTTP source: Get https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites: dial tcp: lookup tardigrade.io on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 172.17.0.2:40106->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout”, “errorVerbose”: “HTTP source: Get https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites: dial tcp: lookup tardigrade.io on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 172.17.0.2:40106->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*HTTPSource).FetchEntries:63\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*List).fetchEntries:90\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*List).FetchURLs:49\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).fetchURLs:240\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).Refresh:177\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Peer).Run:688\n\tmain.cmdRun:200\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:359\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:377\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70\n\tmain.main:320\n\truntime.main:203”}

2020-08-01T16:00:54.618152413Z 2020-08-01T16:00:54.617Z INFO preflight:localtime start checking local system clock with trusted satellites’ system clock.

Any idea what is going on?

Seems your network doesn’t work (or filtered/blocked).
If this is a Windows GUI node after reboot of the PC, then do this:

And restart the service from the elevated PowerShell:

Restart-Service storagenode

@Alexey

Thx, but this is Linux not Windows…

If this is Linux, then please, check your firewall(s) and network parameters.
I would like to recommend to try to reboot your router first.

So from your docker logs, DNS is failing to your router. As @Alexey suggested, reboot your router as it seems to be your DNS server.

That was actually the first thing I did before posting but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. :frowning:

Have you tried changing your DNS on the node to 8.8.8.8 yet? Who makes your router and are you hardwired to it or trying to use wifi (highly recommend hardwiring if you’re not already doing that)?

Haven’t tried 8.8.8.8 but will try in a moment. The router is a Hitron CGNM-3552. I’m not a iptables expert but this looks ok to me:

root@pine64:/etc/iproute2# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
DOCKER-USER  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-1  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
DOCKER     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain DOCKER (1 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.2           tcp dpt:28967
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.2           tcp dpt:14002
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.2           tcp dpt:7777

Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-1 (1 references)
DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-2  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            

Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-2 (1 references)
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere            

Chain DOCKER-USER (1 references)

Anyway, I’ll change the DNS now to see if it helps.

Still haven’t been able to figure out what is going on. I’ve updated my hosts /etc/resolv.conf to add the nameserver 8.8.8.8 entry and restared docker (I’ve also removed the storagenode image and restarted that as well). But no luck so far. The following does not work either:

storj@pine64 : ~ $ docker exec -it storagenode ping 8.8.8.8

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes

The pings eventually returns with no result. Does anyone know what this may indicate?

After updating resolv.conf, did you restart the network stack or the OS in general? Also, how did you restart docker (ie what command did you use?)

Do you have some firewall except iptables?