Typical profile of current SNOs vs typical profile of future SNOs

Hello,

It is my understanding, in particular given the current node operation requirements, that you are more targeting SNOs operating in a business environment, or at least SNOs that do not invest in hardware specifically for the purpose of STORJ (resource/energy efficiency).

Have you noticed any reluctance of businesses in becoming SNOs? I would guess that, for legal/ethical/other reasons, a business may be reluctant to host data over which it has no control. Or am I completely mistaken and acceptance is not at all an issue?

In any case I would be interested to know whether, among the current 3000+ SNOs, you have identified one or several typical profile(s).

Many thanks!

We have thousands of developers and businesses on our waitlist waiting to be onboarded to try out tardigrade, the only real concern some have voiced is about geofencing their data due to legal requirements (GDPR compliance for example). We do have GDPR compliance on our roadmap to address this concern. This is on the demand side of course.

Regarding the supply side, we are not really targetting businesses running datacenters to become our main storage providers. We prefer small decentralized nodes rather than few datacenters that would present single points of failure and would not be able to make ROI on dedicated hardware anyway.

Regarding the SNOs not being in “control” of the data they store, I rather think that is a plus for the Storj network, as a SNO cannot be held responsible for content of encrypted pieces of files that they do not hold the keys for to decrypt and reassemble into a whole readable file. We already have addressed the issue of undesired content in several content and greylisting related knowledge base articles like this one.

Hello!
In the future, at this point in the road map, there may be an insurmountable obstacle ? What in turn will prevent many developers and companies who are concerned about this from joining the network ?

not sure what obstacle you are referring to and why you think it should be insurmountable? Please explain.

Does the GDPR already exist, or is IT only to be passed or obtained according to the roadmap ?

PS Sorry, some places do not understand until the end, English is not my native language…

Like I mentioned before, it is on the Roadmap for future implementation. Which means, we don´t have this now.