Ubuntu 21.10 OS Update problem with the node

Hello everyone,

I just recently updated the OS of my raspberry Pi 4 to Ubuntu 21.10 (GNU/Linux 5.13.0-1008-raspi aarch64)

When I was trying to re-run the node I got the following error docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint storagenode on network bridge: failed to add the host (vethd30d58d) <=> sandbox (vethb9e23cd) pair interfaces: operation not supported.

Does anybody experienced the same problem?

did you try a docker rm storagenode and then rerun the docker run command.
not sure how a docker container would behave after possible changes to its underlying programming.

HI @SGC yes, I tried rm storage node but reading the documentation looks like Docker is not support in Ubuntu 21.10

To install Docker Engine, you need the 64-bit version of one of these Ubuntu versions:

• Ubuntu Hirsute 21.04
  • Ubuntu Focal 20.04 (LTS)
  • Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 (LTS)

I will reinstall Ubuntu 21.04 then.

1 Like

My recommendation is to stick with LTS version where possible.

3 Likes

Definitely, will do!

Hi @krusty77 did it solve the issue ? How did you deal with it. I am facing the same issue.

@Andyaj
it’s marked as the solution and should show up on the top of the thread.
else here is a quote

i strongly assume this is the only way to go.

1 Like

Hi @Andyaj,

Thanks for asking. First I will recommend you to stay with the LTS version if you can.
I reinstalled the Ubuntu Hirsute 21.04 because that was the version that I was working with but first I backed up this folder ~/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode which contains my token identity. The rest was just reinstalling the OS and following the instructions in the documentation CLI Install - Node Operator. Actually it was way easier because the port forwarding, DDNS, identity were done or almost done but again follow the instructions from the really beginning.
Finally I just mounted the disk again. First giving permission to the folder where the default user is going to see your hard drive something like this: sudo chown user:user /mnt/hd1/
Then find the unique ID of your hard drive (google it because I don’t remember) and add a new line at the end of the file /etc/fstab using nano(or any other editor) with a similar format and parameters like this:
UUID=c99a43d0-2c94-5021-8a1d-8db7334fa4a1 /mnt/hd1 ext4 defaults 0 1
First parameter is the ID of your HD.
Second one is the path where is going to be mounted.
Third one is the file system (I used ext4) and the rest are the defaults.
So, everytime you need to restart the OS will read this file and as long as the hard drive is connected it will mounted it!

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi @SGC,

That’s correct. Thank you very much I missed some details that were intrinsic in the documentation.

Cheers

1 Like