Unable to start node after reinstall disk space not met

Hello i am having an issue starting my node. I was troubleshooting from an unknown error so i uninstalled storj from add/remove programs and i setup the node exactly as it was before.
Unrecoverable error {“error”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run:137\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:51\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

It says disk space requirement not met. But that is all of the nodes files nothing else is on the drive
(i cant upload log because of new user saying two links max?)

explorer_vFX4gamhF7
This is a current node not a new node

If you just installed a new node, don’t they need at least 550GB free space?

2 Likes

Correct for a new node. This is a current node

Same identity? Did you run the setup step again?

Yes same identity and I used the new setup.

Hello friend, welcome to the forum.

You have too little diskspace left.

Change this line to 100GB, and you should be good. Then clean the disk to have more available space and put the config.yaml file back to 500.

# how much disk space a node at minimum has to advertise
# storage2.monitor.minimum-disk-space: 500.00 GB
1 Like

im having the same error

And please confirm: You did power OFF the node completely, made changes to your config.yaml file, and then powered it back online?

Can you show me screenshot of the config.yaml file’s total allocated disk space in bytes section ?

Doesnt this option need to be uncommented?
yes i have restarted the computer with config change no avail.

Yes, you need to uncomment it and remove the space at the start of the line. Then you can restart the storagenode service.

2 Likes

Node is up! thanks everyone for time.

2 Likes

Great work, good you’re online again friend :slight_smile:

1 Like