Undistributed Payouts from old satelites

Hi there

In my dashboard I have undistributed payouts of the old taken offline satelites that wont be paid out.

I already received 3 payouts since and its still there. I am 99% sure its from the old test sattelites that were taken offline. I did let run the clean out process since there were a few 100 GBs left from them.

I am talking about 9 cent only, but if this is the case with all nodes, we might talking about a few k USDs.

What does one have to do to get those payouts?

Thank you

Check your past transactions, likely you have already received the payment few months ago. The data in dashboard is stale, you shall remove those satellite following the posted manual.

1 Like

Iā€™m agree with @arrogantrabbit , you need to remove these satellites to clear your databases. I do not know, why your node didnā€™t receive a receipt from these satellites before their shutdown (likely it was offline), but now this information is clearly outdated.

The satellites are removed. I followed the tutorial.
The node was also not offline, the node is 33 Months old and hass 99.9% uptime.

I dont know if its stale or not or if it got paid out. It is shown that it was not paid - and to be honest for 9 cent I wont search the transaktions.

For me if its a problem with the database, storj should implement a clean up. As I said the satellites were removed according to the tutorial - I dont know why its still there.

If you called a forget-sattelite command with a --force flag - everything should be removed.
Did you?

yes I did, the satellites are no more shown since I did that

And you still have 6 folders in a blobs folder?

no there are 4 only. All the left overs of the discontinued satellites are gone.

Then there is nothing to worry about. You have received all held amounts from these satellites months ago (you may check transactions for your wallet address).

I also have an undistributed payment of $0.28 and I have cleaned the house of all the nodes and rebooted but nothing. It stays there. In my opinion they are undistributed payments for those nodes that at the time of the satellite closure had not reached the age to be able to receive the withheld payments. At least I assume thatā€™s why.
Cattura

So they stay there for ever as undistributed. I still think this shoudl be fixxed and as seen, there are others with that problem.

no, the held amount was released by these satellites before shutdown. But itā€™s a subject of a Minimum Payout Threshold, so it is accounted as undistributed amount. When your node cleared the threshold, it received the undistributed amount and the held amount included. But since these satellites were already turned off, this information was never updated.

Alexey is right. Here is the announcement of what we did for these retired Satellites, make sure to see the ā€œSatellite retiringsā€ section.

i have same problem 60 day later old payout with my node, can you check?

Hello @skavito,
Welcome to the forum!

No, I cannot, even if you give me your NodeID. These satellites are deleted, and no information is left except the info in the local databases of your node.
However, you can check yourself - you received the held amount from these satellites either in September 2023, or together with an undistributed amount, if your node cleared a threshold later.
But since these satellites were deleted, they were unable to refresh data in your local databases with receipts.

Hello Alexey,
My node is: 1XTboeKGujqyqDmGdYtYMxNSAVJx5UJkXFTwmCm6QvTgfovBar
And its online
I dont have payment since 60 day later

This is mean that your node didnā€™t clear the Minimum Payout Threshold:

You may opt-in for zkSync to have a lower threshold and receive payouts much more often.

This isnā€™t a big deal to me, as itā€™s a minor amount, but for some reason when the two regions were shut down I got a $0.09 payout from the held back. However, each month when I get paid, that money stays in the ā€˜undistributed payoutā€™ amount.

Itā€™s happened for a few months of payouts now, and I wondered if something was messed up that I needed to fix, or if thatā€™s how it works as held payouts are different than monthly payouts.

Again not a big deal, but itā€™s just weird that it does that to me.

The reason is that the local database of decommissioned satellites is not updated. Since the amount was small on the sent date, it was postponed as undistributed amount. And since your node likely cleared a Minimum Payout Threshold much later than in September 2023, it cannot have receipts and database for these satellites will remain unchanged.