"unknown shorthand flag: 'e' in -e"

Trying to setup a 2nd node on the same NAS (synology) another node is already running. It keeps restarting with these error:

and so on…
Anybody has an idea about what’s going on?

off the cuff guess

Template
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 192.168.1.100:28967:28967/tcp -p 192.168.1.100:28967:28967/udp \
#--log-opt max-size=1m \
-p 192.168.1.100:14002:14002 -e WALLET="0x111111111111111111111" \
-e EMAIL="your@email.com" -e ADDRESS="global.ip.inet:28967" \
-e STORAGE="4TB" --mount type=bind,source="/sn3/id-sn3",destination=/app/identity \
--mount type=bind,source="/sn3/storj",destination=/app/config --name sn3 storjlabs/storagenode:latest \
--filestore.write-buffer-size 4096kiB --pieces.write-prealloc-size 4096kiB

your run command is messed up, should look something like that…
or as referred to here.

as you can see it uses a few of those -e parameters… one of them must be wrong.

My docker run:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p xxxxx:28967/tcp
-p xxxxx:28967/udp
-p 14003:14002
-e WALLET=“my_wallet”
-e EMAIL=“my_email”
-e ADDRESS=“my_external_address:xxxxx"
-e STORAGE=“2TB"
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“/volume3/storj3/identity”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/volume3/storj3/storage”,destination=/app/config
–name storj3 storjlabs/storagenode:latest

It’s the same command I’ve run successfully. I just edited the ports and disk locations. Can’t find any typo on the ‘-e’ lines…

Anyway, after notifying about the error, the log offers an extensive lesson on storagenode flags. The “-e” on the docker run command is a docker flag… I don’t know…

i find it’s sometimes easier to rewrite the run command, if one is bad and i can’t find the error.
it can be caused by using something like wordpad, or other such word processing software and then the text isn’t stored in UTF-8 format.

so the command might look right, but the program reads it wrong because of formatting which you can’t see.

Maybe because of the different “/" only " are allowed :slight_smile:

1 Like

that is a good catch lol

so the command might look right, but the program reads it wrong because of formatting which you can’t see.

yep. Been there. Lots of headaches. I write my commands in my mac with whatever, and then save it with nano in a terminal on some linux vm, and finally copy it to the ssh terminal on my syno. This time I even scp’d the nano file with the docker run command to the syno.

Maybe because of the different “/" only " are allowed :slight_smile:

I didn’t get it…
Now I have 2 problems, an informatic problem and a “feeling stupid” problem…

your symbol " aren’t the same all the way through the command.

it should look like the one i just made and

not like this one.

1 Like

:laughing:

I just have one " in my keyboard…
it did the trick.
tx

Yeah me to … i did look for those, must be from one of the word processors you had it through.

one can clearly see you copy pasted it in and then changed stuff and added the correct " at the end of those changed.

do remember to get it changed in your run command text file, so you won’t run into the issue again.
and use something like notepad++

did also check and try to save it using UTF-8 but that didn’t fix it…
and also using ASCII, with the same result… i know there is a way…
don’t want to put in the time to understand the exacts of this.

i just keep a strict procedure for changing and opening my “script / command line” … notes?
or whatever we want to call copy paste sources.

you also can’t always see its wrong… and its just such a pain.