Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - Open for Comments

I’ve always been very open to substantiated corrections. Please let me know which of the values in the table on the right you think are incorrect on the associated topic and provide some evidence from your nodes as to why the values are incorrect. But this is not the topic for that.

Here I am going to agree with you. The future is unpredictable at the least. Then again, HDD costs also go down. This however is why I’ve never spend a cent on new hardware that I hadn’t already earned with Storj. I’m pretty risk averse and was never willing to be in the negative to run my nodes. So yeah, grain of salt or more with all predictions.

That I very much appreciate. It would be helpful if you could track vetting as well as that process has significantly changed since I last did the same thing. But just FYI, I have been doing this and have more nodes than I would otherwise have just to keep track of node behavior and differences between nodes of different ages. That’s where many of the value adjustments and logic adjustments over the past years have come from. Anyway, the place to post about that is here: Realistic earnings estimator
I welcome any and all feedback, but I do require some actual data in order to make changes. Thanks if you want to help out though!

2 Likes