Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators

Yes I know that. But maybe Storj needs to look into other ways of operation for those.
Remember what Netflix did? They put their cache servers into data servers of like every ISP, to be able to serve their customers at fast speeds without latency.
Maybe Storj needs to start own (own or rented) servers in various data centers which are cheaper than Google and pay significantly less.

I strongly disagree here. Due to inflation prices are going up everywhere. There haven’t been better times to justify a price increase. And I don’t believe a thoughtful slight price increase to Backblaze level ($5/$9-10) would scare away many customers.
Probably more customers are scared off by the lack of certification (HIPAA, GDPR etc.).

I think it is also worth to note that generally the price is not the most important factor for serious enterprises. If it was, Google, Azure and AWS would not have any customers. Price stability in the long term so that a company can adapt to it is often much more important and of course the right package that fits the enterprises needs.
I like for example what @Knowledge has said:

I had hinted something similar when I suggested to integrate Calendly into the website and turn it into an additional revenue stream.

1 Like