UPDATE: the SNO Garbage Collection & Disqualification bug has been fixed

Will this trash data be deleted automatically or should I delete it myself?

do not delete any files yourself! This will lead to disqualification in short order.

even from the trash folder?

Yes. Please do not delete ANY data that is related to running your storage node from ANY folder. The only exemption is when a support agent specifically tells you to remove specific files to fix an issue.

14 posts were split to a new topic: The node doesn’t recognize the used space after restart

Any tdd on a fix? I am now 20% over my given allocation and growing. I can live with it for a while, but yeah…

please reduce your allocation to 500 GB asap using these instructions

I have allocation set at 500Gb already with 600+Gb reported. Not much I can do. Hence, when is there an outlook for a fix?

We have a fix that is going through dev review right now. So I would hope it will be available soon to be implemented.

2 Likes

Than you for the quick reply. Good luck to the folks looking into this one!

We have a fix ready but our code sign certificate expired. At the moment we are unable to push out a new release.

6 Likes

Looks like it’s in 0.28.3. Thanks.
Another case for compiling the code yourself … no external certificate required.

2 Likes

Bug is now fixed:

8 Likes

Yup, after update to v0.28.4 I do not see over allocation anymore. Thanks for the efforts during the holiday season.

Happy New Year!

2 Likes

@littleskunk: That’s great news, thanks!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Node full but keeps getting data

A post was merged into an existing topic: Node full but keeps getting data