Yes, on average I expect predictable results by real humans. Without all this test data, it will worry me if things went down 97%.
Ah, that is not a problem. Because Humans are humans, no predictable usage, unlike the test data though…
In short - do not use a rented hardware, it will backfire, because the usage is not predictable in general, use only what you have now, which would be online with Storj or without. In this case all income is a pure profit.
Otherwise… well, it’s up on you. Good luck!
The ingress depends on a customers’ activity only. There is no a workaround or a magical software options. What we (SNO) can do - wait and be prepared for an accidentally high load.
Desperately waiting, refreshing the page every five minutes or so… Am I addicted to Storj test…? Or the fun of the discussions it entails about frustrations, feeling of unkept (but never done) promises, SNOs telling about their intent of leaving, happiness of filling up nodes with non-custoner data, …? Don’t know, in one or another way I think it will become quite boring as soon as it just works…
nah, then it would be about the race to 1 Exabyte. Excitement about every new ingress spike!
Me too!
Anyway, a lot of data was deleted in a few days…![]()
Maybe relax a little. I believe in the next few hours to days the situation will most likely not change. It feels more like end of this week I might have more information to share.
Good news:
I now have the confirmation that our testing effort is going to pay off. Over the weekend we already had a few thousand uploads. It is currently less than 1% of the estimated load and therefore not noticable between all the other activities on US1. At 10% we might be able to spot it in our dashboards (satellite & storagenode side) and at 20% it should get visible. The plan is to get to 20% as soon as possible and keep that running for a day. It will give us time to verify if our estimations are correct. There is a chance that our estimation is off in some parts but thanks to all of you adding more capacity to the network we have a good safety buffer and don’t need to worry too much about some small estimation mistakes here and there.
I don’t know when and how fast the load is going to increase. It could happen any time or take until the end of the week. That is out of our control. Let’s get to the 20% load checkpoint first and plan from there.
Thank you for update, as last days storj cleared lot of trash from our nodes, in 7 days i thins will be lot off free space. Interesting does statistics show under free space is that satellite thinks how much data is there or it based on nodes reports.
Just to clarify, we are talking about new customer upload, yes?
There is currently testing going on for US1.
my nodes are getting cleared veeery slowly from trash, i would like to see any new test rather LATER than sooner.
Yes that is correct.
So not testing data? Customer data coming in at High ingress??
Do I need to repeat my previous answer?
Sorry. I read The response wrong! Looking forward to testing and i am Loving The progress on ttl and garabage cleaning ![]()

