"Uptime Kuma": a self-hosted UptimeRobot alternative

Hey Guys,
not sure if this is new to any of you, but I just stumbled across Uptime Kuma:

I am now running my own uptime monitor (on my NAS via Docker) with Telegram Notifications, functionality seems about the same as UptimeRobot (from an SNO’s point of view).

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool, but of course if your connection or system goes down, it won’t be able to message you.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s the most blatant downside compared to commercial services like UptimeRobot.

Also, of the 5 ISP lines I use for my storage nodes, my home NAS is actually on the location with the least stable connection…bummer :slight_smile:

I’m going to run both UptimeRobot and Uptime Kuma in parallel for now, mostly because I’m a complete Docker noob and don’t want to rely solely on this new solution.

3 Likes

What do you think of hosting that tool on a “friends” server (maybe here from the community as well) and ping in both direction as a sparing partner? :innocent: @twl

3 Likes

That’s actually a good idea, could even be run by two different people for redundancy !
If anyone wants to give it a go I’d be more than happy to do it.

2 Likes

did it, recently installed.

just send over, whoever is interested, a DM with your url + port to be pinged … and all the stuff on your wish list (alert Discord, Webhook, Telegram etc.).

@TheMightyGreek @TheMightyGreek @twl

3 Likes

Same here. I personally use Gatus for alerting because I was already using it for other services. @Bivvo I can add your node(s) to my monitoring if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot mate, but I’m fine with the current situation :slight_smile:

It’s a great community idea though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes