Using storj with mac os transmit bucket and folder issues

Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well and staying safe. A big thank you to those that helped me with my last post. As many of you may know I’m totally blind, I’m using transmit on Mac OS to access storjj. I have successfully created a bucket, and added a folder to the bucket using the web browser interface. Using transmit I am able to open the bucket but the folder does not appear in the list of folders and I’m not prompted for any password to access the bucket does anybody know what’s going on and how to solve this problem please? Your help with this problem would be most welcome thank you very much hope to hear from you soon kindI have successfully created a bucket, and added a folder to the bucket using the web browser interface. Using transmit I am able to open the bucket but the phone does not appear in the list of folders and I’m not prompted for any password to access the bucket does anybody know what’s going on and how to solve this problem please? Your help with this problem would be most welcome thank you very much hope to hear from you soon kind regards trey.

Hi @trey31 ,

Thank you for letting us know!
The team is now aware of this issue and we hope it will be resolved soon.
One of our team members will return with the update.

If you encounter any other accessibility issues please do let us know.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply, i’m not sure what’s going on as in the web interface. A password is requested before I open any p buckets, but in transmit a password is not requested for my VPS bucket. Also in transmit the music folder does not show up. This is very confusing. do I need to change transmit? settings or the permissions of the bucket to solve this problem?

1 Like

Of course @trey31

I will add your additional information and questions to the original information passed to the team.
I hope it will be solved quickly for you and am sorry you are experiencing these issues.

You provided an encryption phrase when you created S3 credentials, so if you configured S3 protocol with your Access Key, Secret Key and Endpoint, it should work.
Without providing an endpoint (gateway.storjshare.io instead of s3.amazonaws.com) it will not work, so please configure it.
To see your objects in the web interface you need to use exactly the same encryption phrase used during upload (which you provided when you created an S3 credentials).

hi Alexi thanks for this. When I created the main account I did provide an encryption key s3 secret key and s3 username. When I created the folder in the bucket I provided the past phrase for the folder I have backed up my Mac to storj and can open and see the contents of the Mac back up bucket just fine but the contents of my VPS bucket is empty the folder I’ve created in the bucket does not appear to me when I open the bucket. I don’t know why this is and I hope this further information helps thanks very much kind regardsDraft hi Alexi thanks for this. When I created the main account I did provide an encryption key Amazon secret key and Amazon username. When I created the folder in the bucket I provided the past phrase for the folder I have backed up my Mac to storage and can open and see the contents of the bucket just fine but the contents of my VPS bucket is empty the folder I’ve created in the bucket does not appear to me when I open the bucket. I don’t know why this is and I hope this further information helps thanks very much kind regards tree look at

This is mean that you provided a different encryption phrase, and objects are not decryptable with it.
If you used a different encryption phrase for the objects when you uploaded them to the “VPS bucket”, then you need to provide exactly this encryption phrase to see them with a different tool.
If encryption phrase doesn’t match - the bucket will look like empty (we hides not decryptable objects, include their paths).

Hi Alexi thanks for this, it was very helpful.

So therefore should I either create a entirely new connection to the bucket? Or edit the settings of this current connection to include the password for the object within the vps bucket? Thank you very much for your help kind regards tray.

You cannot provide an encryption phrase for Storj objects in the settings, it’s provided only when you create an S3 credentials.
And please note - the encryption phrase is not tied with the bucket, it’s used to encrypt/decrypt objects in any bucket.
So I suppose you need to create another connection with S3 credentials created with the original encryption phrase