V1.67.3 still not good

So, v1.67.3 has finally arrived.
2 days of CPU I/O wait at 40-60% expected, as usual…
QUIC disconfigured, again easily “recovered” by reloading webpage…
Current Month Earnings cut down by almost 50%, though Estimated earning this month seems ok…
Saltlake satellite suspension at 95%, though I have no failed audits…

It’s been messy, guys…

Nice to see that we are meeting your expectation here :smiley:
If you for what ever reason wish to have a different behavior you might want to set storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: false

Doesn’t sounds like we need an urgent fix here right? Just in case you wish to fix this yourself I am more than happy to find the corresponding code lines for you. If you have a solution just open a pull request and we will merge it.

Not all audit failures are visible on the storage node side. So maybe keep an eye on the suspension score and watch if it keeps decreasing.

At the moment I have the feeling you just want to complain. If that is the case I would say mission accomplished. Let’s move on. If your goal is to improve something we should talk about priorities first. What parts of the storage nodes are important for you? Which parts are currently working great and should continue to work like that? Which parts need improvements? Which of these improvements is important enough to work on? Is that one improvement so important that we should stop working on improvements for the customers? Just some hints on what kind of arguments would help to get your improvement faster. Again even for low-important improvements, I am always happy to find the corresponding code lines for you and give you a quick overview of how it works.

7 Likes

Thanks. A successful mission then…

Hey, it’s getting better. I didn’t know I had that option. My whatever reason is to have a functioning synology NAS after the node is restarted. Is there a downside in setting this option to false?

You know, I was once reading some reddit webpage about decentralized storage and this guy showed a list of projects that he commented on. Storj was one of them and he had good things to say about it. He finished the comment on Storj saying something like “Unfortunately, there are some shady people there”. He didn’t explain further, so, I have no idea what he meant. But it popped into my mind today when I read your (probably more helpful than planned) answer. Just saying…

EDIT- I don’t have the line “storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: false” in my oldest node config.yaml. I do have it in my newest node though…

Can you share more about your setup? What size of drive is your node on? How many TB is it storing? What type/brand is your drive?

Just add it to the config file if it is not there. The config file is created when first installing the node and not touched later (since you may have changed it in the mean time), so if you installed the node before this feature was created, the configuration file will not have the default line. Still, you can just add it and it should work after a node restart.

1 Like

I, on the other hand, have to commend everyone because I would rather not to … “knock, knock”, but I’ve been a supporter of this project since the very beginning, so I’ve been through all the stages of development and version of the network. I dare say I am an exact example of how it should work, cuz I have all the nodes at my home on 1000 Mb optics, 6x 20 TB in total, each node have separate HW (Also using those servers for game development.). It all runs on Windows OS and in all these years I haven’t had a single problem that I had to solve in any way, or that something reset itself in settings, broke QUIC, whatever.

Sure, it can happen, but I wouldn’t outright say any version has gone bad. Rather, it’s server by server. Just want to share other perspective.

4 Likes