v1.89.2+Windows TCP fast-open

Hi all!

How can I enable “TCP fast-open” in the new version? Which command should I use?
How to check “TCP fast-open” on Windows?

It states :point_down:

Windows users (who aren’t running a storage node through WSL) shouldn’t need to do anything other than make sure they are running a recent build of Windows 10.

1 Like

How can I check that “TCP fast-open” is successfully enabled on Windows? Because it says “…make sure they are running a recent build of Windows 10”. This means it may not work on some version. After all, not everyone updates Windows.
Maybe there should be information in the log file?

If you click on the link there you’ll see the comment “TCP-FASTOPEN is supported as of Windows 10 build 1607”

If you are running external services you should keep your OS religiously up to date. (Whether a desktop os is suitable for running services in the first place, let alone windows, is a separate conversation)

1 Like

not “religiously” :slight_smile: , but yes - it’s better to keep it up to date.
I, for honestly, do not update to the next version of Windows, because my HW is old (and it definitely has issues - Linux cannot run on it longer than 10 hours without a kernel panic, but unlike Windows, you need to physically press the Reset button to make it working again), and the first release usually causes BSOD every day or even more often, but after a half of year it become stable. So, I usually updates to the next version only after a half of year :smiley:

2 Likes

I meant to keep up with updates within the current major version, primarily to get security fixes. Once fix is released, vulnerabilities it addresses are disclosed, and everyone who did not update instantly becomes an easy target of automatic scanners, exploits, and script kiddies.

I agree that updating to the next major OS on a specific hardware is usually a bad idea, as long as current major version of OS is supported.

My rule of thumb is to maximum upgrade to +1 next major OS. For example, if laptop was shipped with macOS 12 — i will only ever update it to macOS 13. Same with phones, servers, and other appliances. But with the big caveat — that OS must be still be maintained on that piece of equipment. Once it becomes EoL — and the device is on the network — it stopped being used. Sold or recycled.

You might want to run memtest86 on your hardware. Likely you have stuck bits in ram. Easy fix.

1 Like

It’s not a memory related, it has a CPU bug. However, it work fine under Windows for more than 10 years, so I forced to use Windows,
See my Linux adventures here:

The last time I had hardware with similar symptoms, it was a faulty RAM chip. Have you tried running memtest86?

If it is indeed a CPU bug, you can pretty much always tell Linux to pretend some CPU features are not available, though you’d need to identify which specific feature malfunctions.

yes, no problems have been detected. The defect in the combination of ASUS motherboard and used CPU. One of cores just hangs when it worked under Linux, then next and next. And reboot doesn’t solved this issue, only reset. If I used a hypervisor, then this happened even faster. So, I accepted that and installed Windows back. No issues since.
And I did not want to play with CPU functions, because it consumes a lot of time, I have had other matters.

But other than this, is there no way to check tcpfastopen usage on windows?