Vetted on 1 satellite and what...?

Yes i’m talking about nodes’s subnet.
Node01 has a neighbor which is certainly vetted.
Before Node01 was vetted it was in the unvetted group. So it got data from unvetted group and didn’t share ingress data with his neighbor.
Now it is vetted, i think it share ingress data with his neighbor because they are in same group (vetted nodes on the Saltlake satellite) and in the same subnet (saw it at http://storjnet.info/neighbors)

Ok quick summary.

1. Only one satellite has vetted your node, so only one satellite would send you more data, the others still send you a lower amount
  2. The 5% is determined on a network level, not on a node level. If 5% of nodes are unvetted you would actually see equal traffic on vetted nodes and unvetted nodes. If it’s lower you could even see more traffic on unvetted nodes.
  3. This only impacts ingress, not egress, the graphs you showed were a combination of both.
  4. Yes you share vetted traffic with other vetted nodes, so it may have been cut in half due to the other node on the subnet.

In short there are too many variables to be able to track the change easily. Additionally, you can’t know exactly when the change from unvetted to vetted happens. Don’t worry about it too much, just keep your node online and scores high.

3 Likes

I’m not really worried about that. But i just want to understand.
As a new SNO, i read lot of FAQ, Docs and forum to learn about Storj because it’s exciting.
I saw lot of messages which told node had to be vetted to see ingress data increase.
So I was impatient for that to happen. And when it happened for 1 satellite, nothing changed. So disappointing, isn’t it !?
Now i think i understood. I will wait and see.
Or may be move the node on another subnet so it’ll be alone…
Thank you all for your help

1 Like