“alpha”: 19.912956,
“beta”: 0,
“unknownAlpha”: 19.912956,
“unknownBeta”: 0,
“score”: 1,
“unknownScore”: 1
}

… but nothing appends !
This node still get same amount of data then my other node wich is not vetted yet.
I though the full vetted node get 10x more data. So this one just vetted on 1 satelitte should get 2x more data. Am I wrong ?
I checked logs. No canceled, no failed.
Could you explain me my mistunderstood ?
Sorry for my english

It takes time, even once vetted. There’s typically not a huge amount of ingress at the weekend.

Also your mention of 10x the traffic isn’t accurate. The more accurate answer is here - After setup the storj node do I get real data stright away?

1 Like

I’am ok with the amount of ingress at the weekend, but i compare with my other node.
It should be have a difference between the partially vetted and the non vetted !?
They are not on the same subnet /24.
At the moment, the partially vetted got 3366Mo total ingress this day and the non vetted got 3556Mo total ingress.
I understand that “10x” is not exact.
Ok so let’s say a vetted node get 4x more data (should be near reality !?)
My partially vetted should get 1,4x more data than the non vetted, right ?

I’m not sure you read the link. The relevant quote is:

2 Likes

I read it already.
So the only information I need, is what is the real proportion between vetted and unvetted group today to calculate how much a vetted node will get than a non vetted.
Or may be someone can tell me what is found today.
Someone share a file “Storj earnings estimator” where i can see the first month a node get 200Go and the second month it get 800Go. It’s 4x more. This can change of course, but it give an idea.
If 4x is not the real, so can someone tell me the fact today or it’s not possible to know?

The customers’ usage is effectively random. Any given number will not be exact for your nodes, it can be lower, it can be higher or almost zero. It’s unpredictable.
If you want you can read this thread:

For my latest node that reached 100% vetted status it took a couple of days before ingress climbed to the same levels with my vetted nodes. Wait a few days and see if your ingress climbs.

Hi,

This is the answer that i needed. It takes time to see ingress climb when node get vetted.
Thank-you

1 Like

Thanks to Stob and Alexey too :wink:

last node i vetted took 2 months to the day, before it was done, the one before took only 1 month i think…

so it takes a while…

Keep in mind that if your node got vetted on one satellite only (that’s my understanding) then it might get more data from that satellite only.
That’s also why the increase in traffic is not a single spike in charts: it’s kinda progressive as more and more sats’ vet your node.

Switching to the view for this specific satellite on both nodes you’re comparing may make it more evident.

But from experience, it just takes quite some time for a node to be vetted on all satellites, then to “grow” into a respectable node with some good amount of data stored, egress… Patience :slight_smile:
When it comes to ingress, it’s so different from one week to another that it’s not always easy to run comparisons…
That’s why we’re exchanging on this matter (and waaay too many others…) on the “Bandwidth utilization comparison thread” thread @Alexey posted further up.

Hi,

Node01 is vetted only on Saltlake satellite since December 19.

“1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE”
{
“totalCount”: 127,
“successCount”: 126,
“alpha”: 19.970356,
“unknownAlpha”: 19.970356,
}

Node02 is not vetted at all.

“1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE”
{
“totalCount”: 96,
“successCount”: 96,
“alpha”: 19.861892,
“unknownAlpha”: 19.861892,
}

Please take a look at this graph from Saltlake satellite, it’s very similar between the 2 nodes. That’s normal before Dec 19 but I thought there would be a change after Dec 19.
That’s my question : Why there is no change !? I don’t ask to have 100x more and get rich in a month, i just want to understand why the trigger “vetted” on this satelitte doesn’t change anything. So may be there is another trigger to switch ON the vetted processus. May be it’s “the time” but how many and is it documented as the vetted processus with 100 audit passed ?

I agree it’s difficult to compare one week to another, but it’s easy to compare 2 nodes at the same time.
That’s what i do.

Dont worry, all is good. I have about the same amount from this satellite currently.
That is the test satellite from Storj and it seems that testing is a bit down at the moment.
The other satellites are currently more relevant. But this can change again any time.

Hmm, may be it’s because my English is not good but why everybody answer me about the amount of data nodes get at the moment.
I am not talking about amount of data, i am talking about there is no different amount of data between vetted node and not vetted node.

Having said that, thank you for the time you took to respond.
Don’t get me wrong about the tone of my posts. It’s friendly

It’s because the data is spread across all nodes in the region around the customer when upload is happening.
In case of test satellites they trying to hit every node in the world to have a better results for testing of customers’ behaviors.
So, you can assume that almost all subnets /24 with nodes receives almost the same volume of traffic, with small variations if the customer decided to upload a bunch of data (it’s happening too).
If you have several nodes in the subnet, they receives almost the same portion of the total traffic for that subnet.
As explained above, the difference between unvetted and vetted nodes could be negligible, if groups with unvetted nodes and vetted nodes have a difference in 19 times, the amount of received data will be the same for unvetted and vetted nodes:

Seems in your subnet the number of unvetted nodes and vetted nodes has roughly this ratio.

My statement was global and not per subnet.

http://storjnet.info/neighbors said that first node share data with 1 other node (not mine).
Second node is alone in his /24 subnet.

Then it’s even better.
@Mams you cannot check that easily after this correction

It’s total amount of vetted and unvetted nodes in the whole network. This information is not easy to gather.

So i have a theory. Tell me if i’m wrong.
Before Node01 was vetted on Saltlake satellite, it was the only unvetted node on his /24 subnet. So it got all the data allocated for unvetted nodes in his subnet.
Now it’s vetted on Saltlake satellite, it have to share ingress data with a second node (belonging to someone else and wich is certainely vetted too) on his /24 subnet.
This could explain why i am not seeing more ingress data since it is vetted !?

The subnet is not treated from the satellite side, it’s treated from the node’s side. I.e. node belongs to the /24 subnet, not the satellite.
But, since the ratio is important from global point of view, i.e. the subnet is not involved at all, then there is no real way to check this ratio.

Since you have the same amount of data on unvetted node as on the vetted node for the same satellite, I can assume that there is roughly 1:19 ratio, i.e. the number of vetted nodes in 19 times greater than the number of unvetted nodes registered on the same satellite.